Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hamrforge Beast info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamrforge Beast info

Hi there
    At the moment I have a Bradley smoker, a pit barrel and a Weber 22”. I’m thinking on pulling the trigger on the hamerforge beast... has anyone any feed back on it. They look spectacular and nice and thick material with insulated fire box. See link.
    thanks

Site will be available soon. Thank you for your patience!

Never heard of 'em but an insulated firebox sure peaks my interest. What is the price? They misspelled Traditional when describing Charcoal Barbecue.

Comment

Yeah pretty expensive but probably not when compared to other quality smokers... But the look is what got my attention..

Comment

No doubt they are lookers. Welcome to The Pit!! Thanks for the support all these years!!

Comment

Beast indeed! 1200lbs, nearly twice what mine weighs. That's a nice stickburner!

Comment

Ok Huskee I should pull the trigger and buy? wife says " you bought the Bradley but you weren’t totally happy then you bought the pit barrel" Yes we had some great meals from it. then I learnt snake on my Weber and I prefer that over the lot..
            Im thinking that the beast will be way more controlled... And god it looks soooooo good
            its
            They are au$5500 here in Australia plus au$900 freight to a town near by... A lot of $$$ I have it but don’t want the "thought you said it is better(I believe it would be"

Comment

Huskee it’s a god damn good looking bit of kit😊👍

Comment

Lol, don't rope me into spending your hard earned $6400.00! But seriously though, if you can afford it and it won't cause a divorce, that is one purdy stickburner! I wouldn't expect it to be very 'Controlled" though, stickburners are tough to operate, especially on a long 12+ hr cook. Even reverse flow, you still have to manage a fire properly and reverse flow only helps even out the temps in the cooking chamber but it still won't do so perfectly. Your easiest smokers to operate will still be your other 3. But, the most *fun* and surely the tastiest (once you get fire management down to a T) will be this one!

Comment

$ won’t cause a divorce... awesome feedback... I’m finding with the Weber that the meat closest to the snake obviously cooks first and sometimes a little hard and fast... a bit inconsistent. You ar leaning me toward the beast stick... maybe natural progression 😊

And tastiest is another word I was looking for...
                  Last edited by Mr200; August 2, 2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Looks sweet, though I have some concerns about the damper on the fire box. When heating steel, the firebox will rust pretty quickly, and I think those gears and metal dampers will seize ASAP. It only took me 2 seasons for my damper to seize in my Yoder Durango 20".

Comment

• Ahumadora
                      Ahumadora commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great point. Sometimes simpler is better

Sweet looking machine.

Comment

Holy Cow what a Cooker!

Comment

That thing is awesome. Really Bad-A. I love the rivets on the sides. and 1/4" steel grates? This is like the Komodo Kamado of the stick burner world. LOL.

My only question is what are you waiting for? I am sure your wife will understand.

Comment

My only reservation is this: do you want to fiddle with a stick burner? If you do, then hell, what are you waiting for? Every day you don’t do it is a day you don’t have it!

Comment

If I were you I’d start with a slow n sear for your kettle. Then get a bigger one.

Comment

• RonB
                              RonB commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This is what I was goin' to say. An SnS is much cheaper, and will allow you to smoke just about anything you want. The question is how many will you be smokin' for. If it's just the two of you, the Kettle with an SnS will produce great meals, but if you want to cook for more, The Beast will certainly do that.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here