Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rustic Soul reverse flow smoker pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jesus huskee, and i was tkaing paint advice from a man with a smoker lookng like that. WHAT THE!! ha So curling dog an ash pan, well we havent inculded it on this as the door goes right to the edge of the firebox so its super easy to dust out the ash. But in saying that we are doing a store with many varionts per product so you can have a smoker with coloured doors, counter weight ash pan, square firebox or cirlcular ash pan or not etc. We wan to keep costs down for the consumer in Australia as they are a heap more expensive here. Im hoping though that varions to a product is the way to go, it just giuves the end consumber a lot more choice based on their allocated budget.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. Well advice is advice, here you see what heat resistant paint won't do! It won't make 3 years of heavy use with minimal coats. You can sort of see the main body is still spotless.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      You could have 3,000 degree paint on that firebox. The expansion and contraction of the metal will eventually flake it off over time.

• CurlingDog
      CurlingDog commented
      Editing a comment
      no worries, you covered 99.9% of everything i'm looking for in a stick burner. Its my next must have. thanks for sharing!!

So I spoke to the American company today about that zinc coating they said once it's baken in it will last for years with no rust and us fine to use around food. Seriously considering using after I've seen you box there huskee.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Ask them how well it will hold up on metal that is expanding and contracting.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Years could mean two, like my paint, lol. Also I should note I don't cover mine. It's simply the heat, the expansion/contraction, like Jerod mentioned a few times, that destroys firebox paint. My main body is still purdy.

Well it goes up to 1500 degrees c but a good point.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Lotta high temp paints feasibly available are not flexible, to keep up with the expansion and contraction of the metal on the firebox.

What a thermometer it's huge

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      It's Tel-Tru, that is all that matters.

So it's all pretty much complete guys. Paint work is average unfortunately as I had to do it myself. Paint guys is on board for our first sold units though. Couple of bolts need changing. Ran over one of my brand new tel tru glow in the dark thermometers which took 6 weeks to arrive in Australia which was heart breaking. I was in a mad rush to get this thing done so I can get my website only need which incidentally is a long way off. BUT ITS DONE. It's been a pretty long and hard journey actually and we are now really only at the start. I hope we will be around for years to come. Thanks to everyone on here for all the points and tips. We will have many more smokers coming up that we will need help with. THIS IS YOUR SMOKER Not ours so Thanks again and huskee. Go paint your smoker please. .

Comment

Just a couple more for you.

Comment

Amazing ribs Memphis dry run. Kansas city bbq sauce and rustic soul chimicurru. Wow it's works a treat.

Comment

I think we need more action pics!

Comment

Comment

So nice!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here