Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1 smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 smoker

I have been having a great time cooking on my M1 Smokee by M Grills. This is the best smoker I have owned.
    Attached Files

I say it do put out the smoke. Now, let’s see the evidence that yer not juss burnin wood.

Comment

• Smoke Dawg
      Smoke Dawg commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair statement

Beef Ribs were perfect.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re grates are squared off, must be a new innovation. Mine are round. Made bbq chicken on it a few days ago. Love the lid!

Good job. Is there a glaze on them? Just wondering.

Comment

• Smoke Dawg
      Smoke Dawg commented
      Editing a comment
      Crown Royal brushed on over the course of the last hour.

Well, almost perfect. You coulda done a little better in the alignment of the wibs for the pic.
    Nevertheless, 👍👍👍!

Comment

Nice looking cook and cooker. As always, with my incurable MCS, I went and looked at their site. In the list of why buy this over all other cookers, it listed this:

Gas Grills: We do not think we need to waste our time with this one.
      I may put it on my if I win the lottery I want this list just because of that quote (even though I am looking at the recently reviewed camp chef because it can be used as a gasser as well as a griddle).

Comment

A buddy and I have been eyeing this grill. Really like the versatility it offers with smoking, grilling and even Santa Maria style grilling in a way.

What else can can you say about it?

Comment

• Smoke Dawg
          Smoke Dawg commented
          Editing a comment
          Ease of use is number 1. I start it with a base of lump and let that bring it up to temp. At that point I add a log every hour. It is very responsive to vent control and more importantly you can lock onto 225 very easy. Second selling point is this unit is the most heavy duty cooker I have owned. One of the kids will be happy to cook on the same smoker daddy use to get down on.

Very nice lookin' ribs.

Comment

Please share your experience on our M1 Review Page: https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...-smoker-review

Comment

Great looking grill. But how do you like that Blaze Kamado?

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice! Sounds like you like it. How hot does the outside get? Any chance you would want to start a thread on it? I don't think anyone has written anything up on these here. (first hand experience) I would love to see how this works compared with your other kamados. Thanks! I always thought these were really cool. And I know Max would be interested too. Smoke Dawg

• Smoke Dawg
              Smoke Dawg commented
              Editing a comment
              I will start a string for the Blaze. It does get hot, but I have never burned myself. The way the stand is built does a good job of keeping you off the unit itself.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome!!! We would really appreciate your input!! Smoke Dawg

I sure have my eye on this grill. Called them this week. Customer service also seems good. Looking forward to more information A lot of people compare this to a Hasty Bake. They both seem to be great grills.

Comment

• Smoke Dawg
              Smoke Dawg commented
              Editing a comment
              I owned a Hasty Bake. The two units are not even close. The metal on the Hasty Bake is significantly thinner. The internal offset chamber on the M1 is an incredible innovation. Air control/flow is much better.

• DavidNorcross
              DavidNorcross commented
              Editing a comment
              Yours appears to have a stainless hood. Did you have that custom built? I do not see that as an option on their site.

I called Travis (owner) and asked if he could make a stailess lid and he made it happen. I think he is looking to make a full Stainless version along with making the one I bought. I love the Stainless hood.

Comment

Ran a test on the M1 to see how long I could cook on a load of charcoal. Also wanted to test the ability to adjust temp. Ended up going about 8 hours on 30 degree weather. Had amped the temp up to 325 when I took this pic.
              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have tips on the quickest way to get the M1 stabilized? Love the grill but it takes me forever to stabilize at 225. I usually use a small weber chimney full of briquets and use all splits after.

Comment

• Smoke Dawg
                  Smoke Dawg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I start with half basket of charcoal with vents wide open, once the grill warms up (to touch) I shut the vents down to quarter inch or so and start adding wood. Never had a problem getting it to stabilize quick.

Smoke Dawg, I also have a M 1 smoker. Can you share how you do your long, slow smokes, and how you do the vents? How do you handle the vent that is on the far right side?

Thanks,
                Sandy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here