Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite large event Friday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the thought of doing a cook of that size puts me under pressure and seems like just another day for you.
    Really impressive.
    I imagine when loading that much meat in the cooker the temp drops quite a bit. Do you start at a higher temp than your target temp to compensate.
    Are you able to hold temp relatively steady throughout cook.
    How often did you have to tend to the fire box.
    Sir you are truly a maestro.

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      The temp doesn't drop too much. I had a pretty good base of coals and kept feeding ti gradually throughout the cook. Used about 350kg of wood all day for the 4 pits. Yes I just adjusted the it temp more for how we wee going for time, less that trying to hold an exact temp.

Please post pics of the final products!

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are the pics I had. I didn't get to take pics of it plated. I was too busy controlling what was on the pits and they had 300 waiters for ferrying to the tables. I just moved it from the pit to big steel tray and they took it from there for slicing and plating.

• wcberner
      wcberner commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries - just the pit pictures were impressive enough! I figured you probably had too much going on to worry about a photo shoot haha

I love doing big cooks myself too. Good luck.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here