Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Wood Fired Cook Wagon..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef Wood Fired Cook Wagon..

Looks like it could be a handy and fun little unit to have on hand. Can use charcoal as well. Looks to be versatile grill, griddle, sear, use it with dutch ovens etc. etc. Friendly price point too. I've been happy with all my purchases from Camp Chef.

That's a cool little wagon. I want to see what the quality is, and consider one on sale. It needs a Santa Maria style rack system.

Comment

Nice looking cooker. But my list is pretty long.

Comment

Originally posted by JGo37 View Post
        That's a cool little wagon. I want to see what the quality is, and consider one on sale. It needs a Santa Maria style rack system.
        I had the same thought on the Santa Maria!

Comment

That does look like fun. Not as fun as slick little Santa Maria style grill, but fun nonetheless.

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            It kind'a doubles as a portable fire pit, without really being portable enough..

It looks fun, but not particularly good at anything. But it looks fun....

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey tbob4 I'm going to try pizza on the SMG tomorrow. Gotta cool accessory that might make it happen.

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I really want to see that pizza! You are being ordained the Santa Maria King! Make sure you show that accessory and the cook. Make sure you tag me when you post. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Now try to smile for the ad, even though you're sitting and standing in the smoke...

Click image for larger version

Name:	zinger.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	603596

Comment

Nice cooker, at 87 lbs, should be durable! 10 ga. construction, very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
              Nice cooker, at 87 lbs, should be durable! 10 ga. construction, very nice!
              I noticed the 10ga, construction too you can build some nice fires in that and not burn through for a long time. A buddy of mine is a fabricator. He's one of these self taught wizards who can build anything if you show him a picture of what you want and usually make it better. I'm sure he could build a nice Santa Maria for it. Hmmm..

Comment

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                First thing I would do is line the bottom with 1" firebricks and drill a few holes for water to drain.

• Frozen Smoke
                Frozen Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure bricks are needed but definetly a ash pan in the bottom and a grate to keep the fire elevated so you can get air under it and a vent of some kind. Camp Chef has a few things to learn about stick burning.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here