Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pure-Dee Freakin Genius!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pure-Dee Freakin Genius!!!!!

Run acrosst this last night; I am SO DOIN THIS...

Both on my OKJ Highland, an my Horizon 20" Classic...

Modding is so much fun. I cut my fuel consumption literally in half when I modded out my COS.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I Lava Lock everything but my dog.

That is SO COOL! Ingenious rack system. I'm gonna make a prototype out of 2x4's and try it out.

But honestly - I am going to lower my chimney flues in everything I can. This is the first time I've seen that.

I've been modding all day yesterday - and DARN IT - it's pouring today.

Comment

I like the no weld design...

however...

While I am a fan of the OKJs I feel like if you buy them at full retail, start modding them to seal them up, and then start modding them for air flow, and then start doing stuff like this that you are knocking on the door of the cost of a small EOS. These are best value at the end of the year when they are on clearance....

Not going to lie though I would love to try the reverse flow Longhorns they have now that can also be regular offset... Also would like to see how their vertical offset does.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good points, well made...I got my OKJ fer $300, delivered to my driveway; already had th LavaLock gaskets, RTV, an tuning plate installed...
        It's been a great cooker, easily kept ~5° from side to side...

Nice! I have a COS that I have modified to seal up the leaks, put a damper all the way across the bottom with cutouts for smoke to roll and made a free standing second rack for more cooking area. I can put wood/charcoal in the bottom for indirect cooking and/or use the offset fire box. I'll post pics one of these days. I also added two thermometers, one at each end, to monitor heat. COS was about $100, mods about $60.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool Beans, Brother!
        I'd jus Love to see yer COS, in all its Glory!

Damn it Bones, I'm not a magician, I'm a simple country griller!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL!!!!

Nice! You might also consider making the top rail of each side support a U-channel so the the top rack can slide in and out without fear of it tipping.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, seen that, too...since I been schemin on weldin some U-channel into my cookers...I like this removable option, even better than my ideas...

That rack idea is fantastic! I welded angles for an upper in my longhorn but since the bottom doesn't slide out it makes it inconvenient reaching the bottom back meats.

Comment

Very cool. I look forward to seeing yours modded my friend.

Comment

Nice mod.

Comment

I still say you mod guys drive me crazy. But, if’n I watch enough of this ya just might get me to do some thinkin & tinkerin. I do love watching this stuff. 🕶

Comment

Yea the rack system is pretty ingenious.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here