Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now we're talking.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For this smoker I envision a rotisserie that is powered by steam. The steam "engine" sits above the firebox.

Comment

Lone Star makes some quality pits and that one is no exception. Couple things I would have them change is the intake vent on the fire box looked awfully small. I would have it made larger and one added to each side for a total of 3. During those warm humid days with no air movement it can be a struggle with the fire you need all the venting you can get and grab a breeze from any direction.

I would move that propane burner from the side of the firebox to further down the side of the trailer towards the front and add another one for dual burners. There's a lot of heat coming off that fire box. The burner is mounted pretty low so if you're frying in a cast iron pan you're going to be bent down right next to that fire box. So move the burner more forward and mount it higher. Rather than building the side walls of the trailer so tall I would build a box for firewood at the back end of the trailer and then run a lower rail system going forward with tie downs to strap coolers etc. down. You would also reduce the weight significantly.

I didn't catch if the grilling grate on top of the firebox could be removed or not but if not I would have it removeable. Being able to load wood in from the top is a big bonus rather than bending down every time you need to add a stick and loading it from the side.

That's the nice thing about Lone Star you can have it your way! They will make it to your specs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here