Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Good - 270 Smokers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigjig
    commented on 's reply
    I've been using a Large 270 in competition for the last 3 years. I have never seen a smoker hold temperature, in most weather conditions, as well as the 270! We did 5 comps this year, and have had 5, top 5 calls, mainly with ribs. The capacity of the 270 makes it easy to cook, 4 racks of ribs, 1 brisket, and 2 pork butts, on the smoker at the same time. This works great for larger parties at home.

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    We're inundated with requests to review grills and smokers. Sometimes I choose what's obvious, like new Weber products. Sometimes a product just grabs my attention like Karubecue.
    Last edited by Max Good; September 24, 2018, 12:02 PM.

• jecucolo
    commented on 's reply
    Good post! I am a little smarter!

• Missin44
    replied
    Originally posted by Max Good View Post
    I have heard of them, but not much and I've never seen any of their smokers. It's difficult to keep up with all the small, regional fabricators. They look interesting.
    Thanks for the post. I was just curious since they are made in my home state. What's the protocol for deciding on what cookers to test and review?

Leave a comment:

• Pequod
    replied
    Here is a post I did over at the KK forum comparing the 270 with a KK.

When I bought my Kamado Joe I had a word with my insulated cabinet smoker and reassured it that it was still the champ. With my KK’s arrival, no such reassurances were made. This time, the title of "Champ" must be earned. The competitors. On the left is the reigning champ, my 270 Smokers Standard...

Leave a comment:

• Pequod
    replied
    I used to own one. Great smoker. What would you like to know?

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    I got to see these a couple years ago when I was at a Friends of OBR fundraiser in Louisville. They seemed pretty cool and well built. I didn’t get to see it action though.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    replied
    I have heard of them, but not much and I've never seen any of their smokers. It's difficult to keep up with all the small, regional fabricators. They look interesting.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    I’ve seen them in person at Grillbillies BBQ in Raleigh, NC but I don’t have an opinion on them since I haven’t used them or studied how they work.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Daaaang, those are cool. I will pass this on to make sure Max sees it. Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• Missin44
    started a topic Max Good - 270 Smokers?

Max Good - 270 Smokers?

Max, Have you ever tried 270 Smokers out of Lexington, VA? I'm not sure what the protocol is for your testing but take a look.

270 SMOKERS vertical cabinet convection charcoal smoker and BBQ tools, BBQ smoker

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here