Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a dream.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a dream.......

And it's this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dream 1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	545731

Click image for larger version

Name:	dream 2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	545732

Worse thing is it's for sale and it's local. MCS on a whole nother scale! Good lord would I love to take this thing for a spin!!

To paraphrase:

"If th hitch ball fits, ya must commit!"

Sorry, probly ain't helpin ease yer MCS any, am I?

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I have the required equipment to easily move this beast which only fans the flames! Btw Mr. Bones congrats on your win this month! What piece of equipment did you pick?

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, brother! Ain't picked, yet.

Never heard of Lone Star Custom Pits but when I Googled it they said they have closed their doors. So many custom pit makers in Texas it's no wonder. That thing is a bloody work of art. I'd just back that onto my back patio, take off the wheels, build a skirt around it and have it as my outdoor kitchen. Sweeeet !!!

Comment

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      holy hell - I thought I was the only person who knew what a bumper dumper was!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I know me a few things lol! xaugievike lol!

• Mudbeaver
      Mudbeaver commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it was lone star that made that one at kiss bbq way up here in NY

Troutman they did close their doors awhile back because he moved here to Minnesota. This was the last pit they turned out and they built it like they meant it. Now he's ready to let go of it. I do a lot of event cooking for large groups but I would have to up the game substantially to justify having this beast around. The catering company who did my sons wedding 3 years ago told me if I ever wanted to do cooking for him to let him know he would love to have the opportunity to add authentic bbq to his catering services.

I just became fully retired a couple months ago. Not sure I'd want to get into officially catering full time at this point even knowing how much I love doing events. I'm going to mull this over a week or two.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if you need a word of encouragement, we'd all root for ya !! I'd love to see that thing is action, I just love those big pipes !!!!

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd make the drive to your events!

oh man - thats a niece piece of equipment there....out of curiosity what are they asking for it?

Comment

Here you go Mr. Bones , write the check

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I was going to donate the crapper if you sold your house and bought the rig !!!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fer thinkin of me, Troutman !
        Reckon ol Thomas would be so proud!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 9, 2018, 01:04 PM.

• bardsleyque
        bardsleyque commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm,cooker? bumper dumper? Decision's decisions....

Holy cow Batman! That is one monster rig!

Comment

What’s the sticker?

Comment

That is a serious cooker.

Ya might try taking the caterer up on his offer, but tell him you will only be available "X" times a month because you are retired and not lookin' for full time.

Comment

That is my new computer screen wallpaper.

Comment

I'd rather not divulge the asking price right now. I've known this rig has been available for awhile. He had it on CL about a year ago so I kept his contact number on my phone. Once my vertical/Santa Maria rig sold it got me thinking about this one. I contacted him and found it was still available.

I am going to ponder all this over the weekend, probably make contact with the caterer next week and see if it's still a avenue he wants to explore. Lots to consider. He may want me to stop everything else I'm doing and run all my other private party stuff through him, who knows?

As someone suggested I could tell him not to book more than 2 barbecue gigs a month so I don't get deeper than I want to.
              Maybe by Monday the MCS rage may subside a bit

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Seems you ought to be able to set some kind of part-time boundaries. How often is that kind of firepower going to be appropriate? The nice thing is that given that this caterer is established, he's got the approvals and insurance and so on that would be a real drain on your time and brain going out on your own. Big benefit there.

• CandySueQ
                CandySueQ commented
                Editing a comment
                I've always loved "batwing" cooking trailers! It's a beauty.

Seems to me you gave some advice on another thread that closely resembles your dilemma.
              You know what to do!

If ya need any help breakin it in.............. 🕶

Comment

Lord have mercy. That’s one beautiful rig.
                Being your in Minnesota if this doesn’t pan out for you I think if Spinaker were to grab this puppy I would be willing to trade him my LoneStar Grillz for it. 🤔😬😁😂👊

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                  Frozen Smoke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I do decide to get another trailer rig and it's not this one Lone Starz is my next stop I love their smokers. Excellent quality!

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep!

EdF you are spot on about the caterer being established and having all the licenses etc. Plus he is just 30 minutes from me over the border into Wisconsin where catering and food vending life is much easier. This smoker or any of my other rigs would not pass in Minnesota for vending or catering. They are not NSF. I would never try to get a catering license at this stage of the game in Mn.

About 10 years ago I spent a lot of time on the phone with the health department trying to get a straight answer on what I had to do to get smokers approved for food service. Every time I talked to someone I would get different answers to the same questions. So many contradictory regulations that even the inspectors didn't know which regs applied to a given situation.

Wisconsin is just the opposite. You can pretty much park your rig and hang your shingle out and start business.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here