Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new tool for the stick burner enthusiasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new tool for the stick burner enthusiasts

AWESOME

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

It purty much told me "No Dogs Allowed!!!"
    Thanks, though, Brother!

Comment

Those are called log processors (aka harvesters). They are BEASTS! This one especially, it's rather on the large & new side. They grab the tree, cut it to a stump, handle the entire tree as if it's a drumstick, roll & de-limb it, and slice it to 8' lengths in seconds. My brothers-in-law and some cousins-in-law run logging businesses and use them. They actually do so much so quickly that a person can make money cutting timber! Had the privilege of watching one in action this past winter at my place, we had a mess of large white pines taken out.

Here's a quick vid of a smaller one in action in my yard Christmas Eve:

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW, Huskee ! You certainly had a bird's eye view!

• DoubleUpOrQuit
        DoubleUpOrQuit commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang! That's cool.

Same here!

Comment

Snap, missed Huskee post yeah, my wife’s company builds them

Comment

• Mudbeaver
          Mudbeaver commented
          Editing a comment
          R a feller bunched?

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Feller Bunchers cut & lay them down, whereas processors (aka harvesters) go a step further and will limb them & cut to length. LOTS of people use the term feller buncher interchangeably with the processor/harvester.

• Mudbeaver
          Mudbeaver commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah man, my wife’s work makes Timberwolf and automated biomass firewood processors, not to that extent but pretty slick none the less

I believe they used something like that to clear the Sahara Forest - d*&m shame too, 'cause it's now the Sahara Desert...

Comment

Stocking stuffer!

Comment

Awesome machine, but I'm having trouble visualizing how it would work on gnarly mesquites and oaks.

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              If they're gnarly, they wouldn't be suitable for logging anyway, would be my guess.

• Scout789
              Scout789 commented
              Editing a comment
              But if it's a tool for stick burners, I ain't interested in logging. I'm interested in firewood!

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Tell 'em Scout789 ! ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here