Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Stick-Burner 2 buy to learn to Smoke with Wood? (And cook 4 briskets at a time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry unless you spend a lot of time downstairs on the ground (and have a ground level kitchen) I think you're going to find it a big hassle to get from the Lang to your kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulstheRibList View Post
      Well, the newest member of #theRibList Family has arrived! Ya'll Welcome Tex [ATTACH=CONFIG]n57857[/ATTACH]

Here's the nice fella' I bought Tex from.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n57856[/ATTACH]
      We've God the State of Texas cutouts on the Tuning Plates and on the stack cover - very fun!

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I cannot make these pictures bigger?? Maybe they will look differently when I post this?

In any event, on the road back we stopped at the newly opened Buccee's in Baytown TX. Huge store, the size of an old Wal-Mart, and 96 gas pumps. It's super fun, and they sell a pile of pits and smokers out front.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_6078_1422504091333_83[/ATTACH]

And, of course, we put some fire on it every night since she's been home, practicing the fire thing on the past-its-prime wood I already had at the house.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n57858[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n57859[/ATTACH]

Fun!!

Paul please check out this thread: http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...pictures/page2

I think you have been bitten by the small pics bug.

Don't worry. It can be fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
        Barry unless you spend a lot of time downstairs on the ground (and have a ground level kitchen) I think you're going to find it a big hassle to get from the Lang to your kitchen.
        I know Dave, but it is something I have to do. I am you sure you might, maybe, but won't understand. Anyway, if I like it that much I will revamp my stuff accordingly.

Comment

That is a fine looking cooker, Barry... I am real excited for you.

I am particularly interested in how they will do the Santa Maria grill adjustments on the grill side. I think that would be a deal breaker for me too.

Comment

They didn't say how they were going to do it just that they would design something that will make the grate to coal distance adjustable. And it will need to be adjust during operation. I will let you know what they come up with.

Comment

Going through the same question on which smoker to choose and im getting very excited about the Lone Star Grillz (24 x 40). Quality looks good and attractive price. Anyone knows the brand? Any recommendation ?
              Thx!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd definitely get the insulated firebox.

• jbulo
                jbulo commented
                Editing a comment
                @Jerod, i know might sound silly but i would miss the grill top with the insulation. The upgrade to 1/2 inch would be good enough for the firebox?

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope. Metal is a conductor. Just added weight. Thickening metal does not lower its thermal diffusivity one bit.

jbulo have you looked into the Karubecue?

Comment

• jbulo
                jbulo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thx Ernest. Didnt know them... I think that because of the technology utilized it loses some of the nice things bbq cooking has... Fight with the fire, control the temperature,etc.
                Of course i loved the song where they explain the diferentes types of BBQ accros US.
                Last edited by jbulo; January 21, 2016, 08:40 PM.

What's wrong with your Backyard Jambo? Is it too small now?

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                Powersmoke_80 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol Guest, I was thinking the same thing! I was so confused reading from the beginning, Then realized that this was a post started last year. Although good question, PaulstheRibList How is the new Jambo Backyard working compared to lil tex?
                Last edited by Powersmoke_80; January 20, 2016, 03:33 PM.

• PaulstheRibList
                PaulstheRibList commented
                Editing a comment
                Powersmoke_80, I responded to your question below!

I am LOVING cooking on the new Jambo! As an illustration of it's #SuperFun Status, I just made a 16x portion of B3R (Big Bad Beef Rub) for the briskets i'm planning to make in the next month of so, starting with the 3 that are 60 days wet aged in my BBQ Fridge!

As Jerod Broussard mentioned above, the INSULATED FIREBOX is a big plus for 2 Reasons

1. It is more efficient, delivering more heat to the pit per unit of wood.
              2. And this one is even more important, It makes it Easier to Maintain your Quality Fire. That box stays HOT! I've got burn marks on my left forearm, the one I reach in to put the wood in that accidentally touches the corner of the metal on the door frame. Let's say you put a long on, and come back in an hour, the temp is low, say 200, and there are a few coals left in the firebox but not a lot. You go to put a new log on...and you start praying! Well, as the @BishopofBBQ, I should be doing some praying regular like, and I do! In #LilTex, the firebox is now back to a regular temperature, and I've hated this scenario, because it's a real pain getting that fire relit if you run down to a low point of coals. Well, with the Insulated Firebox, that chamber stays Hot way longer, and kicking your fire back up is Way Easier if you have only a few coals left!

That advantage #2 was an unexpected surprise of Joy!

It's also super helpful to have seasonged wood.
              And to have a Kindling Cracker so you can have nice, small pieces of wood to get that fire going again.

The Jambo Backyard runs hot, but, it seams it cooks the same as the other cookers at 25 degrees less?

I'll comment more on that in a bit. Have to get to trimming those 3 briskets!

Comment

Congrats, Marauderer and PaulstheRibList !

Good luck and hope you LOVE your new additions!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here