Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Stick-Burner 2 buy to learn to Smoke with Wood? (And cook 4 briskets at a time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the newest member of #theRibList Family has arrived! Ya'll Welcome Tex Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6082.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	57857

Here's the nice fella' I bought Tex from.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	57856
    We've God the State of Texas cutouts on the Tuning Plates and on the stack cover - very fun!

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I cannot make these pictures bigger?? Maybe they will look differently when I post this?

In any event, on the road back we stopped at the newly opened Buccee's in Baytown TX. Huge store, the size of an old Wal-Mart, and 96 gas pumps. It's super fun, and they sell a pile of pits and smokers out front.

And, of course, we put some fire on it every night since she's been home, practicing the fire thing on the past-its-prime wood I already had at the house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	57858 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0314.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	57859

Fun!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PaulstheRibList; January 28, 2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Smallest pix ever. I can't see anything.

Comment

Pics too small to see?

Comment

I keep trying, but they don't upload??

Here are links to Google Drive, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

That's beautiful, Paul. I'm glad you pulled the trigger on it.

DEW

Comment

Nice, and CONGRATS! Welcome to the EOS club! It's where all the cool people hang out

Comment

i use a LANG60 it`s absolutely the best cooker i halve ever used they cook fast the sear plate puts off radiant heat while the smoke flowes over the top of whateveryou are cooking real easy to clean some waded up tin foil or a good wire brush and garden house you need to add splits every 30 to 45 min. depending on size and type of wood tou will love cooking with wood once you get the hang of it

Comment

I went to the Lang factory in Nahunta, GA this week and talked with Benjamin Lang, aka Ben Jr., for about 30 min interrupted.

I have pretty much decided that I will be getting the 36" Hybrid Deluxe
                  Patio Smoker Cooker

This is a smoker and a grill combination unit. The pictures do not do this unit justice. The smoker side looks like you could get about 10 racks of ribs on the two shelves.

The grill side is the same size as the smoker side. I asked Benjamin if he could make the grill side adjustable for the coals to get close or far away from the grate like the hasty bake and Santa Maria grills. He said he can do that so, that sealed the deal for me. I will be ordering one this year sometime. The unit weigh almost 1400 lbs and from what others are saying this model is miserly on stick consumption.

Comment

Or you could just get a gazillion PBCs.

Comment

• Marauderer
                      Marauderer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You know I am a tinkerer and a modifier. It is just the way i was made. PBC's are great cookers and I see the results of them here every day.

Good looking cooker, Barry. One suggestion if I may make it, is consider a smoker with one solid door on the front, which then allows the interior to be one continuous run of grate & cooking surface. This allows you to fully utilize the smoker's full length, and also any warmer/cooler spots you may have. It also allows you more elbow room so to speak when you're wrapping a big brisket or trying to stack ten odd-shaped pork butts for a party you were voluntold to smoke meat for.

Comment

• Marauderer
                      Marauderer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No! They are two separate units, smoker and grill, separated by a bulkhead and have totally different breathing/draw and exhaust.
                      I never have to worry about someone volunteering me for something like that because I have BTDT and know how not to be committed unless I want to.

The 36" smoker section is good to do 60-70 lbs of meat and the grill looks sizable also. Lang says it if for home use but, it would feed a huge family.
                      Last edited by Marauderer; February 14, 2015, 08:00 AM.

Congrats Barry. I know you've been pining for a Lang for some time now and I hope you pull the trigger and, as they say on Parks & Rec, TREAT. YO. SELF. TO DAY.

I like the grill and smoker combo myself and if I lived near GA then the Lang would be at the top of my list.

Comment

So Barry, what we're looking at with your pic, is the left side (door open in image) is the "smoker" side, and the right door would be the grill? I was thinking it was two isolated smoker sections. That was the basis for my previous comment. And you'd have the vertical smoker/warming compartment above the firebox?

Comment

I'm guessing that's not going up on the porch

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                          So Barry, what we're looking at with your pic, is the left side (door open in image) is the "smoker" side, and the right door would be the grill? I was thinking it was two isolated smoker sections. That was the basis for my previous comment. And you'd have the vertical smoker/warming compartment above the firebox?
                          No, looking at the first pic of the whole unit. The fire box and warmer on on the far right and the 1st chamber to their left is the smoker box and then on the far left is the grill. The second picture is of the grill on the far left. I know it shows two full grates and I am considering asking for the upper grate to be a half grate or just get an additional grate and then I would have two full grates and one of them could be chaged out with a half grate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
                            I'm guessing that's not going up on the porch
                            I see you are all over that TB. Weighing 1400 lbs you are correct in your assessment that it will not be going up on the deck. I will be designing a spot downstairs on the ground that will have a roof and be able to have wind and rain protection and a place to hang out for me and the wife while cooking down there. I may consider getting the trailer model since it weighs so much. I do have a small tractor so moving it around is not a problem.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here