Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Stick-Burner 2 buy to learn to Smoke with Wood? (And cook 4 briskets at a time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    I keep trying, but they don't upload??

Here are links to Google Drive, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v...ew?usp=sharing

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Pics too small to see?

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Smallest pix ever. I can't see anything.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    Well, the newest member of #theRibList Family has arrived! Ya'll Welcome Tex Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6082.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	57857

Here's the nice fella' I bought Tex from.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	57856
    We've God the State of Texas cutouts on the Tuning Plates and on the stack cover - very fun!

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I cannot make these pictures bigger?? Maybe they will look differently when I post this?

In any event, on the road back we stopped at the newly opened Buccee's in Baytown TX. Huge store, the size of an old Wal-Mart, and 96 gas pumps. It's super fun, and they sell a pile of pits and smokers out front.

And, of course, we put some fire on it every night since she's been home, practicing the fire thing on the past-its-prime wood I already had at the house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	57858 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0314.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	57859

Fun!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PaulstheRibList; January 28, 2015, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    commented on 's reply
    We're in the same general area looking at Craigslist for good deals on smokers in the Houston area...lol. I saw a Tejas smoker once for $700 and almost pulled the trigger, but hesitated because their vertical firebox model is made with thinner steel...my hesitation cost me b/c I think someone else picked it up. Happy pit hunting!
    Last edited by Beefchop; January 27, 2015, 12:32 AM. Reason: clarity

• Beefchop
    commented on 's reply
    I asked this of the Meadow Creek people as well (looking at their pig roaster series) and they said "yes" but qualified it with a comment that a wood fire is going to burn hotter than charcoal, so heat regulation may be as if not more challenging than you'd find on a traditional offset. Good to know that The Good One is log capable!

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    True dat, Barry. But since I discovered that the rig I'm pining for (The Good One Open Range) can burn logs, that shoe is starting to pinch my toes ;-)
    Last edited by Dewesq55; January 24, 2015, 09:17 AM.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Hey DEW, if the shoe fits wear it.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I also noticed the utensil bar on the front. In my case it would double as a paper towel holder, maybe even a foil roll holder.... I like it.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect! If the deal is super awesome maybe a gift membership is in order! lol (j/k)

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    I'll introduce him to thePit was I'm pulling away with my new stick-burner on the trailer.

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    I noticed the lift hooks on the back of this one. #Useful

If the Witicha weighs 500 pounds, and is 1/4" steel, and this one is 3/8" and 1/2"...

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    Well, I'll offer him some delicious BBQ whenever he passes by Lake Charles on I-10, that should do it, right?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
    It's a good thing the seller can't read this, eh?
    ...or CAN he??.... [price goes up to $1100]

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I should fashion a Michigan-shaped cutout on mine. Who doesn't like a mitten?..

Yeah, mine is "balanced" to lift it up from the handle, it's pulling it that is the workout, especially on grass. Very helpful to have a second person. I really really like the flip top lid on the fireboxes of these, makes loading wood & playing in the fire so easy, plus allows for grilling/searing directly over the coals too (if you have a firebox cooking grate). This one here has a rather large flat top hot plate on top, mine is much smaller.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here