Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Another Day In Paradise - Welcome to "Spring" in Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Another Day In Paradise - Welcome to "Spring" in Minnesota

Ribs & beans on the menu tonight even if the Twins canceled their game today - they are such wusses. It was 9 deg when I cranked up the cooker this morning, but is now a balmy 29, & much better than Friday which was +4 with 20 mph winds, but it's starting to snow. Even for someone who loves winter, it's getting to that point when I'm starting to say, "really"? Either way, we never let weather stop the BBQ.

Also, I have a question for anyone that can answer it for me: I have a Maverick ET-732 and have had good luck with it for several years, EXCEPT - I could use an extra 10-20 feet of range. Does anyone know if the ET-733 TRULY has a longer range? Or is it just marketing hype? Not ready to swap to another brand yet because I've had such good luck with the 732 & still have a couple of spare probes. I couldn't care less about any bells & whistles, just want to be able to consistently read my cooker and meat temps without having it lose contact periodically.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0345[1].jpg
Views:	121
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	479662

Awwww...I love stickburners! Nice looking cooker you have there.

Comment

Oh yeah baby LSG. Love it. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	479682 I know you love it as much as I do. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
      Hey Spinaker one of your neighbors has an LSG. You should go check it out. Just to confirm that you need one. ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

If you have an old cell phone, you might be able to convert the Bluetooth signal to wifi and extend your range that way.

Comment

Nice Lone Star Grill Handyfan . Snowing in southern MN too.

Comment

Hey, Iโ€™m with you. Whatโ€™s a little coolness in the air.

Comment

What I do know is the 733 has the same transmitter, so the question for me is does the receiver have better receiving capabilities... .

Comment

I feel your pain. I was "up north" this weekend and threw the thick cut steaks into the 14.5 WSM completely frozen. It was 12 degrees with 15-20 mph wind. AWFUL!

Comment

7 degrees at my house this morning. Snow in my yard. We're supposed to be listening to peepers right now.

Comment

If predictions are right we could get a foot of snow over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll be cooking indoors. Maybe out in the man cave/garage on the flat top. What part of MN are you from Handyfan ?

Comment

• Handyfan
                      Handyfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Cities half the year, Hackensack area the rest.

I've got Twins tix for Saturday (1st row on left field line) - then I'm up North for 5 months. Don't think I'm going to get to use them.

Awesome LSG! Just a few days ago, we still had 20" of ice on Minnetonka. We're gonna be ice fishing for the opener!

Instead of a Maverick, I upgraded to the Fireboard. I have been really happy with it. A lot of people are also happy with the Smoke, I cannot speak for the range on the Smoke, as I don't own one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here