Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franklin BBQ Pits: Handmade Backyard Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
    He told Greg the selling price will be around $3000 - $3500 range. Also he mentioned something about them being shipped in 3 pieces.
    Some assembly required? Apparently he is trying to circumvent the high cost of shipping a assembled smoker which is more times than not a deal killer for a lot of people when smoker shopping. You might have the budget for the smoker but the shipping kills the deal.

Somebody said no paint either? i guess if you're going to assemble it you might as well paint it too. Trouble there is most people are going to buy a couple spray cans of high temp paint and spray it on. Not going to look very nice for very long. The guys who do this for a living are usually spraying with professional equipment and using several layers of high temp primer.

If he's going to be at the price point of $3000 to $3500 plus there is still going to be some shipping costs plus assembly and paint yourself he might be a bit over priced. Going to be interesting to see how this develops.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree 100%. Having to do half the finish work and still paying somewhere in the $500 shipping range (weight is still weight even if compacted in pieces), he's potentially at $4000. What? Makes no sense. Again I guess it's about notoriety, no thanks....

1. I think most people who are already dropping that much coinage aren't worried about shipping or they will just pick it up.

2. At that price it better have the capacity to hold about 10-12 briskets.

Comment

• PBCDad
      PBCDad commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to disagree with that first point. I saved up quite a while for my Jambo, and it was a hard sell to the wife that we would need to pay another $500-700 for just shipping. Flying down, renting a truck and trailer, and driving back up to Seattle wasn't feasible either. In other words, shipping is still a big deal.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      MBMorgan, IMHOP the Last Vehicle Mr. Ford Made That I Want Anything to Do With was the Model T❓ Dan

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Danjohnston949 - I agree. Jerod just strikes me as a possible Ford guy. Personally, I owned a long series of GM/GMC trucks, Tahoes, and Yukons until downsizing a bit just before I retired. Drove my father in-law nuts ... he's a die-hard Ford-driving wheat farmer in deepest, darkest Montana.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here