Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up a used Tucker Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up a used Tucker Cooker

Just picked up a used Tucker Cooker. Does anyone know if they are still making them and selling accessories?

I am going to work on it Saturday and prepare meat for a first run on Sunday. Anxious to see how it does. Thinking spatchcock chicken, Sausage, and Butts. Would like to get familiar with it before going for Briskets.

Any tips and experience you’d like to share about the Tucker Cookers would be very much appreciated. I plan to try it as a log burning offset this time out.

Cheers

Site will be available soon. Thank you for your patience!

Comment

• Smokin D
      Smokin D commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I’ve been all over that site. I’ve messaged them with no response and can not get a phone call through. Last activity I see from them is in 2015. I’d love to get some accessories.
      Thanks for responding and sending the link.
      Cheers

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb, I feel confident in speaking for all Pit members and calling BS on that!

Never heard of them until now. I'd say they are out of the biz if no sign of them for 3 years and no one answering the phone.
    Good luck and welcome to the stick burning community!

Comment

Looks like you are getting into a new world of BBQ! Cool! Keep us informed on your adventure! Smoke on!!!

Comment

Well, I got working on it early Saturday after breakfast and grocery shopping. Had to fire it up of course to clean the grates. That obviousl led to a need to cook on it. Did the spatchcock chicken and sausage Saturday.
        Sunday I put a large Boston Butt on it. While cooking I made bacon and eggs on it as part of breakfast. For lunch I tossed on some giant hot dogs. Everything turned out great.
        The big ol Butt took some time. 13 hrs to be somewhat exact. Lol. Evidently my temperature probes were not too exact. Was thinking I was running 250-260. With the time it took, I’m wondering how low and slow I was really cooking.
        I’ve got a fireboard set up in the sights for the end of the month.
        Cheers
        Click image for larger version  Name:	E62A4CA3-C5BA-4380-B52D-ADFCF8332DFF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	454078Click image for larger version  Name:	62084932-7456-4205-A234-ED3CCB8DD11C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.13 MB ID:	454079
        Last edited by Smokin D; February 13, 2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• johnec00
          johnec00 commented
          Editing a comment
          Was the temperature really 150-160? If real, that's quite low!

• Smokin D
          Smokin D commented
          Editing a comment
          Well you got me. I was only off by 100F. I lie about my weight like that too. Lol. Going to edit the post to correct temperatures. Cheers
          Last edited by Smokin D; February 13, 2018, 04:28 PM.

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          So thats what a Tucker looks like cooked, I like it!

Nice! looking good.

Comment

I really haven’t found anything more about the manufacturer except I have watched a slug of YouTube videos on it.
          I had to cook for 50 coworkers a couple months ago, and can easily see being drafted again. I figured this rig might be a good relatively affordable solution with a lot of versatility and jumped on it when I found it.

Comment

That little bitty piece of meat on that honkin cooker, yeah, you’re going to get drafted. Great lookin rig.

Comment

Well I’ll be darned. I placed another call to them this evening hoping to catch an answering machine since their phone wouldn’t go through the other time. I figured perhaps there was something wrong in their area with the phones at that time.
              This time, however, the phone was answered and I was speaking to the owner himself.
              Had a very nice conversation and learned a bit.

Comment

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought I was the only one who called after hours.........you're connected now!

• CandySueQ
                CandySueQ commented
                Editing a comment
                George is a really nice guy. He lost his wife, Holly, about 2 years ago. She was very involved in the business and there's been much grieving. Tucker is very versatile, I'm sure you'll love it. It was my first "real" competition cooker.

Enjoy There was a Tucker online community at one Time Don’t know if its still up

Comment

Well as I mentioned a little ways back, my thermo probes etc. were whack.
                Enough was enough. I decided to fix it once and for all.

This is my MCS gold medal year for sure.
                I’m now waiting on a Fireboard Extreme BBQ Edition with case, fan control cable, probe organizers, and smoker probe to arrive. That just wetted my appetite, so I took it a step further and purchased the BBQ Guru splitter, 2 Pit Bulls, and two Bulkhead Adapters.

This coming weekend is going to be a BBQ weekend for sure.

Hope this finds everyone well. God Bless.
                Cheers

Comment

Oh yeah, we be well, & cheering you on. Smoke on brother, smoke on!

It has a ring to it, MCS Gold Medal Year.

Comment

Had a chance to play with the fireboard tonight while cooking up a couple ribeyes.
                    I am pleasantly surprised by everything. I can not even begin to describe what an upgrade it is to all the Mavericks, etc. I have tried over the years. If it holds up like I believe it will, this will be one of my best BBQ tools.

Comment

Definitely upping my brisket game.

Every one is a learning experience.

Hope this finds everyone well.
                      Cheers
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice! Would love a sample right about now.....

Regarding Tucker Cookers Memphis Tennessee; The guy lost his wife and just threw in the towel. I bought up all the spare parts and accessories and partially built units. If you need something for your tucker cooker just let me know. I have new warmer boxes and handles and cranks and bumpers and grease trays etc etc... I'm at 9012773654 text me and send pics if possible. I'll be glad to help. Thanks!

Comment

• STEbbq
                        STEbbq commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is a very kind offer.

• CandySueQ
                        CandySueQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I will share your number with my friend who has my old Tucker. Thanks for the update on George and the kind offer.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here