Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise Smoker

In early December, I began doing research about offset smokers. I finally decided on a Lang 48” Original Patio. However, I already have a number of smokers (Backwoods G2 Party, Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24,” Landmann 38” 2-Drawer, Pit Barrel Cooker, Masterbuilt Patio Portable Electric, Brinkmann bullet gas smoker, Weber kettle grill with Slow ‘N Sear), and so certainly didn’t need another one. Since my wife, Kate, and I are now both retired (I retired last May), we need to watch our budget more closely, so I decided against buying another smoker, although I really wanted that Lang.

At Christmas, Kate gave me a card that said, "Your Christmas present will not be ready until mid-January." But she wouldn’t tell me what it was. About a week ago she told me to clear my calendar for Friday, January 19, when I would be going to get my Christmas present. Our son, Stephen, arrived at our house at 7:00 yesterday morning. That’s when Kate told me that Stephen was going to drive me to Lang’s Barbecue Smokers in Nahunta, Georgia to pick up my new Lang 48” smoker! Here is a picture of it. Do I have a great wife or what?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lang Smoker 002.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	442625

Reverse flow sweetness!

Tell your wife I'm retired, (crickets chirping) in about 30 years.

Comment

She's a keeper!

Comment

Way to go Wifey!

Comment

RAmorris it looks like a nice smoker, and yes, it sounds like you have a great wife! Have fun with the Lang.

Comment

That’s a great story and a great wife and son you have there!

Comment

• Butchman
              Butchman commented
              Editing a comment
              You’re up to 8 cookers now unless I’m mistaken, I love the variety.😃

You’re a lucky man my friend.
            Not only would my wife NOT get me another smoker. She would tell me that I hope I enjoy it at my new home. 😞

Comment

Outstandin cooker, an Wife!
              Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B View Post
                You’re a lucky man my friend.
                Not only would my wife NOT get me another smoker. She would tell me that I hope I enjoy it at my new home. 😞
                I'm right there with you!

Comment

That is truly great! And, you didn’t have to tell her how pretty her feet look, although ya could now! Nice rig!

Comment

RAmorris, Congratulations on Your New Lang Smoker‼️ It's Obvious You Did A Better Job Training Your Wife Than I Did With Eunice❗️❓
                    🤗😇🤗
                    From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I bet you feel bad now 'cause you only got her a sweater right? Great gift and a great family you have that's a bigger blessing than the Lang. Congratulations and enjoy both!

Comment

Congrats! You will love that Lang.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Congrats on a great cooker and a great wife.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here