Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding more shelves to my offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding more shelves to my offset

A little over a week ago I started adding capacity to my offset smoker. I have one very long shelf, and two more 'on top' of the first one. This means I can feed 300 people. I opened up the smoker fully and realized there was ample space for yet another shelf, this time below the long one. Said and done, I got the welder fired up, and went to work with my steel grinder. Two hours later I had new shelves, with a perfect fit! Mission accomplished, and I can now easily feed 400 people. Cool!

Here's the top shelf, removable. It is standing on the long shelf (running the full length of the smoker).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Offset-1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	434896

And here's the top shelf and part of the middle shelf removed, so the bottom shelf (newly manufactured) is visible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Offset-2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	434897

400 people, yikes. I cook for like 4 people and its a chore. Are you the only bbq place is Stockholm?

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      OK well I'm Swedish and have always wanted to see the homeland. Perhaps a road trip to visit Henrik is in order. Any takers?

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman, get your butt on over here! We’ll sit by the fire, pop a cold one, smoke meat and shoot the breeze.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I told Greg R during my interview that Rude Boy is the target of my BBQ pilgrimage. And I know I wasn't the first!

Give a man a welder............................................ ....................watch him weld!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Word!

Amazing. Great stuff.

Comment

I guess he’s more Rude than ever. 😎

Comment

I'm gonna fire it up with all 6 Fireboard probes mounted to see the temp difference at different locations. Will be interesting. 3 probes mounted in the left half of the food chamber, at bottom, middle and top shelf respectively. Then the same in the right half of the food chamber.

I have cooked 60 kilos (130 lbs) several times, so I know that works just fine.

Comment

Always cool, Rude, and fascinating Henrik !

Comment

That's awesome! Going vertical style in an offset!

Comment

Nice upgrade! 400 peeps is a lot of BBQ!

Comment

Chef and Artisan you are the real deal.

Comment

I am doing the same with my Jambo. Havine a portable shelf made by a friend. When I get it, I'll post pics.

Nice work!!

Comment

I'm a firm believer in maxing out the capacity of any smoker.

Comment

• kmhfive
                      kmhfive commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No Doubt!

More shelves equal more meat. Sometimes I wish my Lang had another grate but with the Shirley coming this year I’ll be good.

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Somehow, I think so!

Well done Henrik.

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks!

That’s incredible! You are going to need an assistant for that June cook!!

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am indeed! Recruitment has begun, I have a strong candidate already. Gonna get him to join the pit too.

• kmhfive
                      kmhfive commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s great Henrik ! It will be nice to meet him!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here