Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stickburner Pulled Pork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickburner Pulled Pork!

I posted the other week about finally receiving my Jambo stickburner, and my first cook on it was ribs. At the time, I couldn't tell if the results were due to improving technique or the wood fire.

Well, I made pulled pork this past weekend, and it was the best pulled pork I have ever tasted, and I was even skimpy on the rub because I didn't have enough! I got the stickburner because a few years ago I had BBQ much better than I could make. I can't remember exactly the taste of that compared to mine, but the flavors were so sublime and just so.... GOOD ... my 5 year old and 11-month old gobbled it up and asked for more.

I cooked four butts from Costco - one for us, three for neighbors and friends. All of them are raving. My brother, usually all sarcasm, has said that this really is the best pulled pork he's ever had too. And the Jambo is soooo easy! This is so much fun.

And I have to say, what makes me happiest when I cook is hearing that other people enjoyed it. Cooking really is a gift that you give to others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171202_082917.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	420721

Name:	2147.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	420722

Name:	2141.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	420723
    This last pic is only one of the butts, I shredded it for my neighbors. I'll be enjoying the leftovers for a few weeks

I've got a brisket wet-aging, 4others.

Comment

Looking Great from here.

Comment

It's true joy

Comment

That looks great! stick burners rule!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Great job. I think I enjoy other people enjoying my food more than I like eating my food.

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here, and I love eating my food!

• gabulldog
                gabulldog commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a big part of it, I agree!

Nothing is like a pork butt done in a stickburner. 🥃👍🔥

Comment

Very nice job!

Comment

Awesome. Like DWCowles said you can’t beat the flavor that comes from a stick burner.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

PBCDad how you liking that Jambo- easy to maintain and consistent temps?

Comment

• PBCDad
                        PBCDad commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Loving it. I figured there would be a steep learning curve - nope. Never gotten anything but clean smoke from it, managing the fire has been fun, I look forward to every chance I get to use it! I just got a water fire extinguisher for easy cleaning without hauling the hose around, the one thing I was missing.

• smokinfatties
                        smokinfatties commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awesome! There's one for sale in my area, hoping I can get my hands on it!

Nicely done! My mouth is watering now...

Comment

Stickburner? I know that is going to be good.

Comment

Always a crowd pleaser! You like those Costco butts? Twin packs, right? Never tried them, usually get them at the grocery store...

Comment

• Huskee
                            Huskee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I love them from Costco/Sam's. They beat my local grocery store anyway. Much better meat to fat cap ratio in my experience.

• gabulldog
                            gabulldog commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'll definitely try em next time I gotta feed a crowd!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here