Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'New' Stickburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice artillery piece you've got there, Bones! Kinda makes me miss the old Buck Stove from days of yore ...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Mb!
      I truly miss 'yore', Sir...
      As I reckon many of us Silverbacks do.

Mr. Bones, there have been many a time where I haven’t been the brightest bulb in the batch, that old stove looks neat & it burns wood, but I’m tryin to figger out, what in blazes ya’ll are goin to do with that thing.

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he needs a bigger brisket!

yes!!

Comment

FireMan
      Here's what I had in mind, so far, brother...
      • Burn Sticks
      • Heat my patio area
      • Cook on top of it, jus' like I learned, growin' up

Went out, measured tonight...
      On th' top, there is room fer a 10" CI skillet/pot/DO on each front corner
      Room fer an 8" samesame, rear corners
      Room fer a 6" samesame, middle front.

So, I could easy do me some breakfast, pot o' Cowboy Coffee, an' some dessert, while sittin', watchin' the sun rise, th' birdies, bunnies an' other breakfast companions I usually encounter. Smokey will be there to protect me, so I ain't askeert!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 20, 2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter I use th' 'Sam Arnold' receipt fer th' Cowboy Coffee;
        1 gal water, 1 lb. coffee...bring to a boil, then drop in a horseshoe.
        If it sinks, add more coffee!
        Always have a cup ready fer a brother, 'specially if he done rode clean up from Texas way!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 20, 2017, 10:38 PM.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones, interesting. I use the Kent Rollins recipe for CB coffee. Coffee made any other way upsets my wife’s tummy. The key is getting the coffee hot enough.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan that's cool as can be! I admire th' double toothpicks outta Kent Rollins, fer th' record...
        Bless yer Wife, an' take good care of her, amigo!

Reminds me of the soups and stews my mom had cooking on our wood stove in Western NY. We'd come in from the cold and the aroma of that pot was a big blanket of warm lovin'! I'll bet there'll will be chili brewing on that thing some time soon!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm bettin yer right, amigo!

You gotta name for it yet? Ole Grid Iron or sumpin'?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ain't ciphered out a name, yet...
        Mebbe 'Ferrous'?? lol??

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha! I see what you did there.

Bet that is a corn pone, bacon frying beast.... Nothing cooks like black iron. Get a wall insert and make her an inside fixture. Dad has one and I'll never admit it, but it is the cornbread makingest sob on the planet... Don't forget yer cracklins!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I rent, an' my landlord is th' Coolest, but I hate to go carvin' holes in th' walls, etc.
        He literally tol' me when I moved in, that he wanted me to 'burn this place to th' ground, save him some trouble'...
        But!
        I'd kinda like to not be included in that fire.
        (He's a good guy, an' a great friend, btw)

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Cracklin's is a vital part of yer nutritional day, where I came up, at least...
        11 kids in my family, so we'd 'fight' over 'em! texastweeter

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        One of five brothers, have 2 boys and 2 girls of my own now. All live skins/cracklins

Yo Mr. Bones you should cut the chimney short, put a tiny grate on it, burn hardwood really hot and smoke AND sear at the same time. That thing would look like the thruster end of a F18.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Initially thought to be a weather balloon, texastweeter , later confirmed to be only swamp gas.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you look at the pen?

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, was told to not look at nothin', iirc.

Skelly, I'm thinking the combination of such a blowtorch and bourbon might not end well.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, sounds outright dangerous, on th' face of it, but...
        Ain't killed me so far, has it? lol
        If a BBQ guy's gotta go, well, then, that's better'n a whimper...

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Skelly Moonshine???
        If ya' need my mailin' address, please PM me. I'd hate, awful bad, like, to see ya' get caught with alla that contraband, by th' goldang revenooers!

• Skelly
        Skelly commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones ... long as they have a license to sell and it's 128 proof or lower, it's legal. Assuming that's who I bought from...

I think back to a summer night a couple of years ago when a couple of buddies and yours truly may or may not not have had a few too many Kentucky beverages at the Bourbon Appreciation Station. I allegedly tripped on a log and the melted spots on my synthetic shorts suggest that I may have sat down in the fully involved firepit and stood back up in ~ 1 millisecond. This is all heresay, of course. Just be careful is all I'm sayin'
      Last edited by Steve R.; November 20, 2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Stoopid Gravity!!!!!! DOH!!!!
        I hate it, but it's th' Law!
        (I've pulled a many a folk outta th' bonfire coals)...I'm th' Keeper of th' Fire, at my brother's bonfires, so that he/wife may go home, while I curl up on th' ground, next to said fire, an monitor it all night.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Got a set of riding boots with melted soles on them that ain't from exhaust. Happened very similar.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.K...=0&w=386&h=171 Mr. Bones

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, that'd be, (or not) th' BRAVO WUN ROMEO DELTA I seen (didn't seen) Technicalities involved, here...Full story may follow, pending approval, in 2036+ (mebbe)
        Gotta say, dang dang pretty, them diamonds, though. Makes a slack-jawed yokel un-slack their jaw, fer a moment, or thuh-ree...
        Don't even get me started, ' bout th' sounds I (didn't) hear(d)
        I still cain('t) hear 'em, today.
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 22, 2017, 12:14 PM.

HawkerXP
      Were I to have ever happened upon such a thing, which, of course, never happened, I envision (fancy word fer reckon) it would (have) looked such, like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamonds 001.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	414026

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamonds_J58_AfterburnerT.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	414027
      Prob'ly was alla a dream, I reckon...

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        You're going to need to get some of that flat black radar absorbing paint for Bam-A-Lam.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Paint? What Paint?
        Strangely enough, hard to find...

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ever light a cigarette offa titanium? Or Waspaloy?
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 22, 2017, 10:38 PM.

every black iron stove I have ever been around had a name...what's hers?

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Great name for her! Or maybe just Bam-A-Lam.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured no one would understand the Huddie comment. Kinda like when people give Aerosmith the credit for come together, and leave out SteppieWolf, and or the Beatles.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy TX!
        Thanks fer th' assist, amigo!
        w00t
        gonna go cast me some strats, now.
        Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 22, 2017, 02:04 PM.

This here's kinda what I envisioned, an' dry-tested today, to verify:
      (19°F out, btw...)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4173.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	414039

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4174.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.08 MB ID:	414040

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4175.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	414041

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4176.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	414042

"People say I'm no good, and crazy as a loon..."
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 22, 2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't bring 'em out, jus' yet; dry run, like I was sayin'...
        Jus' a plain ol' Lodge #8, Griswold #5, Favorite Piqua Ware #3, Lodge Sauce Pot, an' my beloved Granny's Favorite Piqua Ware #8, which I have cooked in since I was pre-Kindergarten.
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 22, 2017, 07:44 PM.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Note to self: Still room fer another sauce pot, behind th' chimley stack.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the Griswold, those are my favorite.

Mr. Bones

I heated my 11 room house with that Schrader brick line strove for 20 years. electric was out for a week in the winter and the wife cooked all the meals on it. soups, stews, eggs, bacon, toasted cheese, even made toast. these stoves wear made around johnsonstown pa. I am about 50 miles west of there. I sold it to a guy for his deer hunting camp. took 4 guys to get it out of my house. and they took the bricks out first. miss that stove. I paid $500 in 1978. first full gas bill after I bought the stove the gas company sent a guy to the house to see why I only had a bill of 10 dollars. he saw the new chimney and put it together. have fun with it I sure did. that stove will heat you 3 times! cutting, splitting, burning.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here