Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH NO look at this CL find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NO look at this CL find!

I may be in trouble with this one. I need to watch that for a day or two.

48" Patio Lang BBQ Smoker $1,895.00 new, plus $450 freight. Asking for $1,300.00

get your check book!

Comment

Too funny......buy that log eatin' bad boy!!!!

Kidding.....I wouldn't give more than $850 for THAT pit.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 9, 2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Like I said I need to watch this for a few days. Its going to go fast or sit there. Shipping on a 36 patio 3 weeks ago was at 680.00. Yes I track these things. I have no life.
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; December 9, 2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I think I have been on CL maybe twice in my life. Even when I had 8 years of single as can be. Course I had plenty other "CL-like" tendencies.

I don't live within 1 hour of any major metropolitan areas. How do you search on CL??

Comment

It seams high, but like you said you should keep an eye on it, or give them a call and give them an offer, you never know. I agree with Jerod, not more than $850 for it. It would be a good fixer upper.

Comment

Asking prices are always high and theres not a lot of used EOS's up here to compare it to.

Comment

• tomtel84
              tomtel84 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's so true. When I finally found one in my area he didn't move much on the price no matter what I said.

I really don't see much to fix up other than the firebox could use a good grinding and a paint job. Jon ask for more pics

Comment

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              Do langs have door gaskets????

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              No they don't but you can get them at www.bbqgaskets.com. I order some for mine but I decided not to put them on
              Last edited by DWCowles; December 9, 2014, 09:00 PM.

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats good to hear. I'm not big fan of gaskets.

Good call DW

edit: Sent a note on that.
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; December 9, 2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

For what he's asking you'd think he'd have cleaned it up and touched it up.

Comment

True on that Boss but it has a few things going for it.

1.) its up here already
                2.) its cleanable
                3.) it close to the Holiday and folks are looking for cash

Comment

Jon, Call and make an offer. It hasn't been well cared for looking at the pic. I don't know how far Lansing is from you but you will negotiate well.

A good trip to the self serve car wash, some sanding, and a great coat of paint and you will be off and running. When you season the paint then you can oil the places that need it and burn the coating on and it will look great

Comment

I have to say. I think this needs to sit a day or two before I make an offer. Totally agree on the clean up and paint Barry. It won't take much. Dont forget I live in the rust belt so that firebox doesn't look all that bad in my eyes.

Oh I'm about 45min from Lansing. Which is about 14 hours closer than Nahunta, GA. heheheh
                    Last edited by Jon Solberg; December 9, 2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jon with you being that close to it why not make arrangements to go see it first hand and take cash with you and let the cash do the talking

• HC in SC
                      HC in SC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree with DWC on this -- you never know how it will play face-to-face.

You might be able to wave $500 cash under his nose and depending on his circumstance, he may take it.

Something about a bird in the hand....and possibly needing Xmas cash also.

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just make sure he isn't wearing a mask and holding a gun...

Some people coats the firebox with bacon grease. I do know that a Lang is built like tank. It's hard to wear 1/4 inch steel out.

Comment

One thing that turned me away from Lang is the firebox is more of a stove. I liked the idea of a flip top lid on the firebox so it makes for easier access & loading and allows for easy cooking and searing right over the coals. Just my thought process on what I looked for when EOS shopping.

Regardless of peeling paint, rust, etc, you're looking at $600 savings over "new" (potentially more if you can talk him down), which is ~30% off. And new vs old here is very relative. Like DWC mentions, it's 1/4" thick steel. There is nothing other than paint, grates, and tires that will wear out on this unit. Therefore, you're saving nearly 1/3 the cost and still getting what is essentially 98% of a new cooker, considering what matters in such a cooker...the thick steel.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here