Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Franklin building a stickburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron Franklin building a stickburner

Some of you might enjoy this. I did.

This is a cool video. Thanks for posting DW.

Comment

I'd love to have that shop he has. Tall ceiling, plenty of space. Just what I need :-)

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I was expecting you to pop into the vid at any time.

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        We'd be happy to have you here in the Republic of Texas, Henrik.

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell, I'd love to be in Texas. I could spend all my time building smokers and smoking meat.

He makes an important point about purging the propane tank with ample amounts of soapy water before putting the torch to it. The same would apply for other flammable gas or volatile liquid containers.

Comment

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        HouseHomey , RonB

I guess it could be the ultimate "Hey, guys, watch this!"

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Certainly could prove to be one's "Last Yeehaw!"

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, that would be a candidate for the Darwin awards :-)

I've seen a lot of the video series he did for PBS Austin. Really enjoyed them. I think it's cool he did these for public broadcasting.

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        I had them all DVR'd, but lost them when we updated our DVR last month. But I guess that is what YouTube is for.

• Obi-Dan
        Obi-Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        Craigar That still sucks though.

This is more about what the Pit is all about. Thanks DWCowles.

Comment

Fun video! Thanks.

Comment

I love his love of the offset stickburner. And I love how he uses a forklift to go look for a marker. I would so do that.

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya gotta love a quirky sense of humor.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here