Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one use Rocket Stoves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one use Rocket Stoves?

These things seem to be catching on in the last year or so. I built a 4" to test the concept several years ago and I am thinking about building a bigger one like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvlOelD5HOE

Never seen one but I like the concept.

Comment

Be great for real wok cooking.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Potkettleblack - would something like that wok your world?

I cant copy/paste pics here for some reason. I can post it to another group and post the link, but i hate doing that. Amazon has a rocket burner with a grate on top that is close to what I built. I may add the griddle to that and see how it works. I have some 6" gas pipe I have been looking for an excuse to use for something and this is the best I could come up with. https://www.amazon.com/Pancho-Villa-...1EJ990GXVZ73S2

Comment

turns out the pipe I thought was 6" turns out to be 4. plan B is to buy a 20' stick of 6" square tubing when I only need 3, or roll my own. I have some Ideas on how to do a combo rocket burner/ grill/ griddle. I messed around with the 4" and some 1/2" x 1" splits. It will get plenty hot, but seems like it goes through fuel pretty quick. A bigger hopper and longer/ thicker sticks will help burn time and increase heat I like the 2 input system that the one in the video has

Comment

Very interesting

Comment

These guys have a cool design. https://m.facebook.com/pg/boathouses...bout/?mt_nav=1

Comment

My buddy built one, but he uses it to melt metal and heat his garage.

Comment

Over 900 F in under a minute. Recovery between batches of food is measured in seconds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51C61B1A-B35F-41E3-883E-26CC3B6B8866.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	533029Click image for larger version

Name:	40E44586-5296-4C70-B502-E731DC16A75C.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	533028Click image for larger version

Name:	29EB1444-B6D9-46FB-B23B-D895CBAC2A49.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	533027Click image for larger version

Name:	F1A579DD-8B19-4C99-A56E-F63F5059118E.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	533026

Comment

• Polarbear777
                  Polarbear777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dragon fan with 3” duct to get it farther away from the heat. Wired the fan to a power adapter Because it’s so battery hungry.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  With that Dragon there, no problem believing!

• Polarbear777
                  Polarbear777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can see that the rocket stove concentrates the heat on a 3-4” circle in the center of the wok. You can tell because above 800 the seasoning is gone. (This was a test shot, I normally get food in there as soon as the oil is heavily smoking around 600).

Dude, this set up is awesome. I love it! Do you run lump in the stove or do you burn wood? I might get one of these things. They look like a blast. Dude, this set up is awesome. I love it!

Comment

• Polarbear777
                  Polarbear777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve been using briqs for this so far. It goes through them fast but as you go you can just lift the wok and toss a few in the top.

I’m sure it would work with just about any fuel.

Now that’s warp 10!!

Comment

Friend of mind made one out of metal. He takes it camping. Works great with twigs and leaves he finds on the ground.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here