Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bye Bye Friend.......Led me to amazingribs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Friend.......Led me to amazingribs.com

Cheap offset, wasn't cheap to us at the time.

First cook was mesquite chunks soaked in water, then I had to spray water into the firebox with the hose when flames started shooting waaaaay out of the firebox. Almost burnt that meatloaf. The deepest mahogany bark I've ever seen. Deeeep smoke flavor.

Best beef cook was 2 Choice briskets wet-aged approx. 43 days. Wife still talks about those two. They were wrapped in the early 190's internal. Stayed up all night feeding red oak splits. Tree was down but kept off the ground, all the wood was pretty much seasoned and ready to roll. Went through all that wood pretty quick. Then it was time to go back to charcoal basket and Mr. B & B.

Best rib cook was after I converted it to gas. Placing wood chunks directly on the flame produced blue-invisible smoke the entire cook. Did the same thing for sausage.

Last and final use was last weekend. Hickory chunks smoking sausage.........Headed to the salvage yard this week.

Got the burner out and welding blanket off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170409_224932.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	302791Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170409_224850.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	302792

Did it have a burnout, or are you just burnt out with it?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      It's kinda burnt out. It would have to be taken apart and really cleaned. So not worth it.

Definitely a mixed emotions moment...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Like big time. Weird being glad not having to mess with it, sad I won't be messing with it.

Sorry for your loss Jerod Broussard . Sending Sympathies your way.

Comment

Bittersweet. You've got some great food memories from it. All my cookers will likely outlast me.

Comment

Rest in peace. Maybe it will be reincarnated as a KBQ.

Comment

One door closes, another opens...maybe to a Lang?

Comment

Adios COS........Hola LoneStar Grillz!

Comment

@Jerod Broussrd, Better Days My Friend, Better Days! 😥😢😭😪😪
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I always pass along before they get to that stage. I feel your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                  Adios COS........Hola LoneStar Grillz!
                  Actually that's not a bad idea. If Jerod were to reach out to one of his local offset makers I'm betting they'd comp him a unit once he told them who he is.

Comment

Done with offsets until I get one on a trailer. Amen to the "Adios COS!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170410_111957.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	302918

Comment

So ya want a trailer huh, well I know this guy, DWCowles who knows these guys who make wunderbar trailer rigs. Or this other guy, Henrik who's pretty handy at building "world trade center" rigs, if your interested.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                        Editing a comment
                        Didn't say I wanted one. I wouldn't have one unless it was on a trailer. Vertical insulated is my go to.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here