Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost Done!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Done!!!

I started this project 3 weeks ago, working only on Saturday, Sunday, and Mondays (my days off). I still have to put a shelf in the front and one below, but I think I' m pretty close to being done. I know the welds are not pretty, but they're effective. I even got my wife in on some of the welding in the fire box. she actually liked it and was pretty good at it. So she got invested in the project and made it a lot easier for me to pull this off. This was my first attempt at anything like this, so anyone out there on the fence about trying this, go for it! If my wife and I can do this, anyone can. We got online, found a design, got some measurements, bought a used 60 gallon compressor tank and some metal, and made it happen.
    So check it out and please let me know what you think.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1104.JPG Views:	1 Size:	681.5 KB ID:	301448
    Just starting
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1106.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	301449
    Got the door cut and tacked
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1107.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	301450
    Firebox, 1/4 inch plate steel, with intake damper Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1095.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	301456
    My wife and mother-in-law getting their weld on!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1109.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	301451
    opening to the cooking chamber
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1076.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	301452Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1077.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	301461
    All welded together
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1074.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	301453
    Grates made and installed
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1075.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	301454Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1092.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	301455
    I can move this shelf up to higher slot. Temp difference is big between the two heights. You can also see reverse flow plate.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1080.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	301460
    Doing a little test burn.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1112.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	301457
    Got it all painted up with high temp BBQ paint.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1101.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	301458Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1103.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	301459

Nice build! Love the 3 legs!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Just what we need in the club, another artist. I am getting tired of saying it, but it is true, That is a work of art.
        It also was very sly on your part to involve your wife. Now that she has skin in the game, feeding MCS will be smoother.

Comment

<--- is impressed!

Comment

Job well done, sir!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Nice!! That's a fine looking cooker ... and I like the tricycle gear idea.

Comment

That looks like a fun project and a well done job.

Comment

That is freakin cool. I also like the tripod set up. And that mombo wrench door handle off the hook. Well done

Comment

• Steve B
                      Steve B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      BTW what did you use to cut the door opening?

• Deeterry13
                      Deeterry13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      just a grinder with a cut blade.

Awesome looking! You both did a fantastic job.

Comment

love the handle, great job

Comment

Very cool, and artistic!!!

Comment

Looks great! So when's the maiden voyage?

Comment

Awesome, nice build and hope to see some nice pics of Q coming of that work of art.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here