Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I wake up everyday and think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a guy thing mostly. I had my Weber Summit 470 for years and others before that including a Ducane. But, I only had one grill Now that I have discovered the "Pit Nation" I need one of everything. I am becoming obsessed with getting a stick burner. I have the Yoder, Lang, The Good One, Engelbrecht, Horizon, Jambo, Klose, Pitmaker, and etc. just keeps rattling around my cranial cavity. I mentioned it to TOWMBO and she said if I would just sell off some stuff I can go get what I want. Wow, the rattling has increased. There is even thoughts of a PBC rattling around in there. But, I am not losing sleep over it and as long as that doesn't happen I can just let it rattle for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
      It's a guy thing mostly. I had my Weber Summit 470 for years and others before that including a Ducane. But, I only had one grill Now that I have discovered the "Pit Nation" I need one of everything. I am becoming obsessed with getting a stick burner. I have the Yoder, Lang, The Good One, Engelbrecht, Horizon, Jambo, Klose, Pitmaker, and etc. just keeps rattling around my cranial cavity. I mentioned it to TOWMBO and she said if I would just sell off some stuff I can go get what I want. Wow, the rattling has increased. There is even thoughts of a PBC rattling around in there. But, I am not losing sleep over it and as long as that doesn't happen I can just let it rattle for a while.
      True enough. I'm happy with what I have even though I'm eager to try new things. That's the main reason I haven't bought anything else lately. SWMBO is actually pretty good about letting me splurge on my hobbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

True enough. I'm happy with what I have even though I'm eager to try new things. That's the main reason I haven't bought anything else lately. SWMBO is actually pretty good about letting me splurge on my hobbies.
        Mine to! Ask her why she works? To support my Hubby's Hobbies.

Comment

When SWMBO asks why I take another cooker out, my rationale is... "You have heard of cross contanimation of food right? Well you wouldn't cook pork & chicken in the same skillet would you? She nods agreeingly..." So I need a cooker for each type of protein I do

Comment

• Marauderer
            Marauderer commented
            Editing a comment
            J, you are Bad!!

Originally posted by jmeier64 View Post
          When SWMBO asks why I take another cooker out, my rationale is... "You have heard of cross contanimation of food right? Well you wouldn't cook pork & chicken in the same skillet would you? She nods agreeingly..." So I need a cooker for each type of protein I do
          Nicely done! My wife keeps saying she doesn't have enough jewelry when I say we need another cooker...

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post

Nicely done! My wife keeps saying she doesn't have enough jewelry when I say we need another cooker...
            I went through the jewelry and Guns deal. I figured out that if I bought her a piece of Jewelry the same cost as the gun I wanted she wouldn't mind. Yes, it took a little longer to raise the funds but Towmbo was happy and I got my new gun.
            Last edited by Marauderer; October 1, 2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

The only thing stopping me is I'm broke. If it took a dollar to travel around the world I couldn't make it to the end of my driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                The only thing stopping me is I'm broke. If it took a dollar to travel around the world I couldn't make it to the end of my driveway.
                Gee Jon, I think most of us have "BTDT" and it is still occuring regularly. I could probably get to your place and back but, not even out of our country.

Comment

Yep, my Primo Oval XL cost me roughly $3000.

$1500 for grill and accessories

and

$1500 for wife's new road bike and accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Chriscrna View Post
                    Yep, my Primo Oval XL cost me roughly $3000.

$1500 for grill and accessories

and

$1500 for wife's new road bike and accessories
                    I bet your wife is a happy person that you considered her also. It will help your marriage go a long way!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here