Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Franklin's stick burners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron Franklin's stick burners

Just imagine how many briskets has come out of those stick burners since he has been in business. I have got to plan a trip to Austin, Tx soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	8je6ODQ.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	147834

Wow. What a setup!

Comment

I'm going to be planning another short trip to Austin within the next year probably... I pretty well know that over half a day will be dedicated to Franklin BBQ. Have to be there at like 8 in the morning to have a shot at eating lunch there.

Comment

No way I'd stand in line for that long. Not even close.

He also has a BIG rotisserie for ribs.

Comment

• tongatim
          tongatim commented
          Editing a comment
          Recently waited for 2.5 hours in line at Franklins. Worth every minute, lives up to the hype. A month later, hit legendary Black's in Lockhart. Also excellent, but for tenderness, moisture, fat rendering, it was a 4 where Franklins was a 5.

It's really cool to see his setup. I'm sure the workers there don't make a whole lot more than anywhere else, but what pride they must feel being the pitmasters at the legendary Aaron Franklin's.

Comment

I would stand in line or his brisket!

Comment

I'm like Meathead but I would take me a lawn chair to sit in while waiting in line.

Comment

While I am only 3 hours away I have not made it over yet. However, everyone tells me it is worth the wait and that the line itself is very fun. Everyone has lawn chairs, games, coolers, and breakfast tacos.

Comment

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that cracks me up! You have to bring breakfast to wait in line for lunch! Too funny!!!

The President didn't have to stand in line. I guess that many secret service in a line like sitting ducks ain't good.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you serious Obi-Dan? Kanye. Oh boy. (In the interests of professionalism I will limit my comment to just that)

• Obi-Dan
                Obi-Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha. Well that's what my Austin peeps tell me. He had to wait like everyone else.

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats the best news I have heard all day. Thanks for that. Obi-Dan Huskee

DWCowles , and a cooler, cards, beach ball, snacks, etc..

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                Well on second thought I will take a sleeping bag and get there the night before

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles , That might be the way to go. I saw where they have banned professional line standers and order takers... apparently you could make a living just standing in line at Franklin BBQ for other people lol.

A person could smoke his/her own brisket in that line. Just take along a kettle+SnS and drag it as the line advances.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                If I ever make it there Jerod Broussard and the line's too long I'm driving to your place.

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                269.4 miles. 4 hours 44 minutes per Map Quest. Huskee

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Jerod Broussard 5 hrs sitting on soft seats in AC, or standing in line..... Don't worry, I'll give you some notice. I have your number

Just finished his book Franklin Barbecue a Meat- Smoking Manifesto. Very good book about his start and where he is today as well as what he is about as a leader in the smoking world. I would recommend it all. I am going to make it there to see for myself someday. Maybe a bucket list thing!

Comment

DWCowles, if you make the trip be sure to budget the 45-minute drive up to Taylor and Louis Mueller's, you'll be glad you did.

For dinner I can heartily recommend Perry's Steakhouse in downtown Austin. It's one of those $$$$ places but well worth it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here