Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuning Plate QuestionS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning Plate QuestionS

Questions for the standard flow stick burners present or past.

How critical do you feel a tuning plate is?

Do you think that the need for a tuning plate is relative to the size of the cook chamber? I know that LARGE standard flows, say 1000 gallon, dont run them as far as I can find. Would a smaller cooker receive more benefit than a large?
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; March 8, 2016, 05:14 PM.

Depends how even you want the temps to be.

My little COS got a reverse flow plate.

Comment

So you made it a reverse flow?

Comment

Yeah, it was sooooooo hot near the firebox I needed a spot to put a pan of water to chill that side some.

No offset will be even steven, there is some radiant heat you just have to accept. Even the owner of Jambo Pits will tell you his pits are hotter RIGHT NEXT to the firebox.

I also didn't really feel like messing with multiple plates.

Comment

I think they can only help in any size, but I agree that smaller barrels probably benefit more.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here