Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatched another one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatched another one

I haven’t posted in a while, don’t know why inspiration isn’t coming to me. Haven’t cooked on a grill in many weeks. Anyhow, still fabricating offsets, this is the latest one. Not yet 100% finished, but soon. Got an email from an American living in Hungary for the moment and he was in need for a real smoker. The strange thing is that shipping it to Hungary wasn’t even expensive.

Adding the 4th layer of hard wax oil to the handle:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7E6E8B76-5F5B-47AF-A1FD-69FDD67E0E9B.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	1365354

Name:	5553F906-5BE1-4FF6-AF60-9DF0BA5F398B.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	1365356

Name:	96B87FA0-6FBA-4599-B952-5500474E0130.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	1365355

As always, beautiful! I'm sure shipping to Texas is astronomical.

Comment

Sweetness. Nice of you to spread powdered sugar on the ground to make the pic more aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally someone who notices all the effort I put in 😂

Looks great.

Comment

Did you get the magnetic drill press??

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I absolutely love it 👌

It is beautiful Henrik. Remind me, have you done one with that boiled linseed oil look yet? That pantina look?

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! No, I use rape seed oil (I think that is canola oil, right). The patina comes from using it, it goes darker and darker.

Nice Hank. Any major changes from your 1st smoker that was ready for sale to what you're putting out now?

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the 3rd gen. But no, very small changes, more cosmetic things. Biggest change is going from 5 mm corten steel to 1/4” regular steel.

Beautiful piece of ironmongery! Look out Hungary, an American ex-pat is about to roll some smoke!

Comment

I hear ya about feeling uninspired. I don’t know what it is but I just don’t know what to cook lately, just stuck in a rut.

Comment

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly That may just be the ticket, but I think my real issue is between work and kids sports I just don't have the time to spend any amount of time building a meal right now, if that makes sense. Everything needs to be quick plus my kids are picky (don't get me started) so it just seems like work lately rather than fun.
            Back to the Birria though, I haven't made your recipe yet but I think the broth from Views on the road and STCH meat prep is my fav so far. The chili oil is 👌🏻

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            I get it! My kiddos are old (last semester of college and high school) - I was in your shoes back in the day, coaching both kids teams and wouldn’t get home until 7:30-8pm most nights. My wife was cook in charge at that time. And even now, times when we just don’t feel like cooking. The winter cold, dark…that doesn’t help!

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly I really am not a fan of winter anymore.

That smoker sure looks fine Henrik
          Yeah i`ve noticed that you have been a bit absent lately..
          Take yer time and chillaxs.. We will hold the fort for ya..

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Elton you need to zip over and claim one of those bad boys.

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yessire JCBBQ it's just about 6 hrs drive for me..

Very nice craftsmanship!

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

Lookin good in da hood!

Comment

She’s a beauty! If it wasn’t so dang expensive to ship, I’d have one of your smokers in my yard right now.

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              +1 They are beautiful!

You hatched an iron dragon.

Comment

Noticed the white ash on the ground.
              Last edited by bbqLuv; January 24, 2023, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here