Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnson Custom Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's unfortunate, man!

I can imagine, doing that all day every day, you gotta have a good system and the proper setup. And running the cook for an entire restaurant I don't think should be a one man show. I dunno if you had any help or what, but I've been told for years I should open a BBQ place and I just laugh and laugh and laugh.... lol. No way, man.

If I could design and build from the ground up with a really good budget, I think I could set one up that would run smoothly. But it's got to run SMOOTHLY to keep your people from burning out and to keep things flowing and customers happy.

I think someday I may do some catering of events, or a popup or two, but running a whole restaurant is a whole 'nuther story.

Good luck to you, man!

Comment

Sorry it didn't work for you. I looked long and hard at the "T" shaped models from Johnson but never pulled the trigger. As with most stick burners I was worried about the constant fire tending given I am far too lazy to keep up with it all night long. Oh, we're stayin' up all night long. All night long. All night long.​

Comment

• PNWsmoke
        PNWsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        There was constant draft coming out the fire box door and had to put a piece of wood on cooking door to get drafting right.
        The stacks were definitely dirty and we half assed cleaned with promise of major clean.
        The grease drain is still plugged and has been since they bought used.
        Previous guy drilled a hole to drain grease and didn't know about factory drain.

• tstalafuse
        tstalafuse commented
        Editing a comment
        PNWsmoke I guess the thing that kept me from pulling the trigger was their every review of every smoker ended with "All in all this is a very efficient unit". I guess it just felt false at the end. While they might be great cookers, it never just felt right to me.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here