Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tis the season for "Smokin Smoker Deals", So me thinks, how about You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis the season for "Smokin Smoker Deals", So me thinks, how about You?

I am in the (slow) process of building a stick/pellet burner but things keeps getting in the way.
    Scanning Craigslist and came across this Oldie but goody Longhorn 20"x 42" 1/4 wall offset stick burner with a convection plate, Asking price was $550.
    So I shot the guy an offer of $400 bucks and he came back with "$425 will git-r-done". Heading down Wednesday or the weekend to picker up!
    Also since the blame game is goin around, I blame, Jon N Solberg Haaa Haaa!!
    . Click image for larger version

Name:	00k0k_4Jjb1iHwcFn_600x450.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	130164
    Last edited by Powersmoke_80; December 30, 2015, 06:52 PM.

Dude, thats too cool. I been watching that cooker for a while. Its pretty close to the house. That paints brand new. The first post had it on a deck with no fresh paint but it looked okay then. I almost went after it. Thats too cool.

Let me know when your coming. If it works we can break some bread and I can check it out.

Powersmoke_80
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; December 28, 2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I asked if it was freshly spray bombed and he said it was. He claimed he does it a couple times a year and it wasn't rusted out so we'll see. Jon was the price the same?

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      It was 500.00. I could be wrong on that. I just looked at it like last Wednesday.
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; December 28, 2015, 05:08 PM.

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      I typically only look in Bay,Saginaw area. I probably need this like I need a hole in my head lol! But it appears to be made by the same builder, Roger Davidson as the Horizons with a Gold medal in the reviews http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...pecial-marshal

If it is 1/4"thick steel it is made by Roger Davidson under the Brinkmann name. A real gem.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guest Good Yes it is supposed to be !/4"thick steel and The tag has serial #50581, so my assumption it is a 1981 vintage. And that looks to be in the time frame per your article that Davidson was building for Brinkmann. Also thanks for your reviews, they are an awesome help as I would not have looked at a Brinkmann offset if I would not have read this as I believe most are COS.👍
      Thanks,Dean
      Last edited by Powersmoke_80; December 29, 2015, 08:08 PM.

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      Davidson started Oklahoma Joe Smokers in the late 80s with his brother - Joe! They sold OJ to Char-Broil in the late 90s and Roger ended up making his high quality 1/4" OJ designs under the Brinkmann name for just a few years, so this smoker is probably about 16 years old. Shortly afterward he started Horizon and they are going strong here and the USA and globally.

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Max, the serial number was not very clear in the pic and ended up being #50591 but thanks for the info that was great!

How is this for a weird one?

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's cool!

Dang it... now I'm trolling CL looking at smokers. Thanks guys.

Huh... found a Kamado grill for $400 in my area. Unless the ceramic is cracked hard to go wrong there. It isn't a BGE, but it is green. I already have a Kamado Joe so I don't need another but this would be tempting...

Comment

Headed down to pick up the Longhorn!
    Jon N Solberg Pm sent

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Text sent!

Nice! Mirror image of my Yoder...You might call that a great uncle to the Yoders too. Congrats, happy for you!

Comment

1/4" steel at $425 is a SCORCHING hot deal. Nice find!

Comment

Thanks Huskee got it picked up and passed the word on about AR, and talked the guys ear off about this place. He had bought this about 5-6 years ago from an estate for a lot more than what I gave for it and He said he kept getting offers for a $100 from people that said Home depot had them for a couple hundred bucks LOL, Not like this 1/4" thick Made in the USA baby! He was happy I appreciated it for what it was and was selling to buy something more portable that they could use for camping, David Parrish So I pitched the SnS and a Kettle for that purpose.
        Now let the lessons on old school begin!
        Last edited by Powersmoke_80; December 30, 2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent! You get bonus points for spreading the word

Welcome to the stickburner club Powersmoke_80

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
          Powersmoke_80 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks DW, It will be interesting but looking forward to it.

Here's an Original Imperial Kamado in Philly for $350, it looks to be in better shape than the $400 one:

Comment

This is great. Now when you and Jon and I enter a local contest together we can have a couple offsets and a couple kettles w/ SnS. Ha! Woudn't that be fun...

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
            Powersmoke_80 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hell Yah! That would be a blast. Like you said a mirror image to your Yoder that would look cool parked next to each other as opposites! I think I might add the counter weight to the CC door since I just can't leave well enough alone Haa haa.
            Last edited by Powersmoke_80; January 1, 2016, 12:06 AM.

Super cool!!!!

Comment

Great Find!! Welcome to the stick burning group. I still can't believe you got this for that price. That is just amazing. I wish BBQ was bigger up here in the North country. I might able to find similar deals on CL.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Patience my friend, I wouldn't have expected to find one like this for that money around here either that's why I started a build. Mostly you see fuel oil tanks converted to cookers around here on craigslist.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Powersmoke_80 Spinaker There's usually a miserable display of old relics and overpriced junk grills/smokers whenever I search CL. People trying to sell old dirty kettles for $10 less than what they cost new. Just did a search moments ago, more of the same.

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Like this kinda crap!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here