Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw on Barrel Offset w/ Vertical Chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw on Barrel Offset w/ Vertical Chamber

I am looking at getting a new stickburner with both a horizontal and vertical chamber. My question is: my current pit has horrible backdraft (thanks Yoder) and I'm worried that having such a short stack on the vertical chamber will prevent a pit from drawing well. Anyone have any experience with this?

There's a guy in town that has problems with his smoker. It has a vertical smoker at the end of the barrel and there's no draw. Literally no vertical column to climb from which to create draw. The smoke is just literally drifting into another room.

Comment

dvetsch75 Jerod Broussard I have a Yoder Durango with a vertical, and I draw just fine. I have never cooked on an offset other than said Durango, but my cooks seem to go just fine. I will pull about 100 degrees difference between first chamber thermo and last vertical chamber thermo

Comment

My Shirley is a reverse flow with no vertical chamber. I know other Shirley models do have a vertical chamber and they employ a baffle plate to regulate the flow of air between the chambers. I see Shirley users doing vertical chamber cooks all the time (from low to high temp cooks) and they seem to get fantastic results. My son-in-law was a 42" Lang with a vertical chamber, but he has not used it for a cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here