Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you call this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you call this?

So I wanted to look in this channel to see what others are saying about my type of 'smoker' but being a newbie I'm not sure what you pro's would be calling it. So what would you suggest I search for for more info on the one in the photo? Many thanks 😊
    Attached Files

A left handed offset

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Not that there’s anything wrong with it…

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory Hey come on at least us lefties are in our right mind!
      Last edited by ofelles; September 14, 2021, 09:30 AM.

"Fred"

But seriously, welcome to The Pit. As rickgregory said, that is an offset smoker with firebox on the left. You should be able to find lots of info in this subforum: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/log-burners
    Last edited by 58limited; September 12, 2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Shuk2021
      Shuk2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks. You've now made me realise it needs a name and my wife is not happy it's a female offset lol.

So with the help of my 14 year old daughter who came up with this real sharp, my smoker is now known as Tina Burner. Pow she's simply the best!
      Last edited by Shuk2021; September 12, 2021, 11:26 AM.

Stick burner, Off set smoker, real BBQ maker. Biz-Nasty.

Comment

It makes sense if you think about it, steering wheel on the opposite side, drive on the opposite side so the firebox........
      Last edited by Whiskeyman53; September 12, 2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Shuk2021
        Shuk2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maybe it's really a right handed offset but the doors are on the wrong side, like their roads.

I saw an interesting show on Netflix and it was great to see that barbecuing is spreading to so many places around the world.

Enjoy your smoker and welcome to The Pit.
      Last edited by Bkhuna; September 12, 2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Shuk2021
        Shuk2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        🤣🤣🤣🤣 thank you

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Have had netflix, many, many years... cuth th cord, LONG AGO...

If ya might have a name of that show, I'd surely enjoy watchit, I'd havedta reckon...

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones - Actually, the show is on Amazon Prime. It's called called Food Safari. It ran for 4 seasons but Prime only has season one. It's call Food Safari Fire and the host "travels across Australia to meet with chefs and grilling experts." I thought it was pretty interesting.
        Last edited by Bkhuna; September 22, 2021, 02:57 AM. Reason: Errors made before morning coffee.

Welcome to The Pit.

I think your answer has been supplied, so no further comment.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Nice offset smoker. There are some great resources on how to run an offset on YouTube. Chuds BBQ and Mad Scientist BBQ are two of my favorites.

Comment

I would call that a Learning Curve in process.

Comment

I'd call it a new smoker, waitin to be fired up...

Do be fully prepared, Mate: it will impart flavours, summat y'all are not much used to, havin boiled most yer food, fer centuries...

Enjoy th ride, so glad to have ya here!

Comment

Australian smoker.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nah...:

They're upside down, an th smoke even swirls th opposite direction...

Tepro 1087 Biloxi Offset BBQ Pit Barrel Smoker

Comment

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mr. Bones we could be "El Wedos Locos"

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not current enough to know what wedos* means, but ain't no doubt in my mind, Brother:
                  We gots th LOCOS covered!!!

I came wired that way, from th Factory...

* Looked 'wedo' up; derogatory term fer 'white folks', basically 'gringo', or even 'honky'...

I'm All In, Brotherman!!!

Vamanos!!!
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 21, 2021, 08:09 PM. Reason: '

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  texastweeter I can do you a hell of a deal on an 18 wheeler full of pits. Cheap to fly to Mexico city and my guys can collect you and show you the 50 pits I have in stock.

Seems like you have the answers above. Welcome aboard!

Comment

All the good smokers are left handed in my experience.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20210703_084848.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	1096205

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
                    mrteddyprincess commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can cook right handed. I just choose not to. :-)

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fair nuff, Brother!

See them ribbons, over there, on yer cooker?

Some good folks paid plenty, to give ya that there choice...

• Shuk2021
                    Shuk2021 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think the UK actually produce anything big enough to cook on that, but I wouldn't let that get in the way of someone buying me one. Might need to widen the back gate to get it in the garden though.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here