Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bell Fabrications Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bell Fabrications Smoker

After years of using charcoal smokers I finally pulled the trigger and decided to go with a good backyard offset smoker. After thorough research I was just about to buy a 20" Horizon when I stumbled across a YouTube video that mentioned a pit builder based out of Tulsa, OK. I live in Oklahoma so being able to pick up my pit from the manufacturer saves me hundreds of dollars on shipping costs. I immediately found the website and spoke with the owner, Craig Bell, who is super nice. I told him what I wanted and he put me on the waiting list (8-10 weeks). I'm getting a 24" x 48" with a 24" firebox, all 3/8" thick fully welded steel for $1200. That's a steal compared to any competitor (that only uses 1/4" steel mind you) who's rigs cost 3 to 4 times more for a comparable size. The pics I uploaded are just stock photos. I'm having mine built with a single cook chamber door with counterweight and wood rack below. Does anyone else here own a Bell Fab that can give some input? 8 weeks can't come soon enough and I'll update you guys with pics of the finished product. ​ ​

Congratulations, sounds great. Unfortunately the photos didn’t show up on my device.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Chicagoland. The pics didn't come through for me either.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Pit from the California Delta.

Comment

Sounds like ur getting ur monies worth fer sure,,,
            Welcome to the Pit,,,,
            plenty of valuable info ,,,,and some not so valuable,,,,

Comment

Congrats on the cooker - I know its hard to wait on something like that to be built! No pics in your post though...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210908-133110_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1091162Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210908-131714_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1091163

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks nice!

Welcome to the Pit! Looks like a very nice smoker.

Comment

Sweetness!!

I'd opt for 1/4" or even 3/16" like a Jambo. Save some weight for my flacco self..

Comment

Enjoy the new cooker! Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives. Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

MCS, when the trigger finger gets itchy. Good on you. Happy for you.
                      Live long and BBQ.

Comment

Whoa! That’s a steel steal! I too got mine from a local fabricator, but I visited him in person before I pulled the trigger. Mine is the exact same dimensions (but paid a little more than you). Even still, I bet you and I could sell the smoker for what we paid (seems underpriced, but hey, good on us?).

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

All 3/8" steel? How are you going to move that thing?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here