Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workhorse pits 1969 in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reallyalexsc View Post

This one was from Tom Hixson (I got it as part of a bundle with some Wexford beef ribs and some generic St Louis cut ribs. Normally try and source the cow a little more locally, but I was very impressed by the quality.
    I did my first order from www.sherwoodfoods.co.uk (anyone got any experience with them?) will arrive tomorrow, all ribs, fingers crossed not odd cuts ...

Comment

They look good - I think I've considered them before but not bitten the bullet.

Not looking into it too deeply, the only immediate concern is that the brisket claims to be from pure grass-fed beef. While this is the 'premium' label here (and definitely better than industrially-stuffed-with-grain cattle!), I believe they tend to end up with leaner briskets than if they're grain-finished or get a carefully mixed diet to give them a little bit more and better fat.

Comment

That is one beautiful brisket, and a mighty fine looking cooker as well! Congratulations on both!

Comment

Awesome! Hours of fun and good eating ahead!

Comment

Really like your new pit. Reminds me a lot of the new Franklin model. Keep her metal oiled up and she'll make you a bloody rock star

Comment

Fine pit.

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Great looking food and pit! I look forward to seeing more cooks from your 1969. A goal of mine is to one day get an offset, and Workhorse Pits is on my short list. How difficult is it to manage a fire on that pit?

Comment

Originally posted by frailinryan View Post
                    Great looking food and pit! I look forward to seeing more cooks from your 1969. A goal of mine is to one day get an offset, and Workhorse Pits is on my short list. How difficult is it to manage a fire on that pit?
                    Thanks! Managing the fire feels really quite easy. The firebox is huge, so you can build a very solid fire in there and then choose how far forward / back you want it, and still have room to manage the shape / configuration of your fire and coal bed.

Comment

I'm thinking real hard about getting a Workhorse 1969 as well. It looks amazing. I'm curious, how wide is the smoke stack? And how tall is it from bottom of smoke collector to top of smoke collector? And how tall is it from top of smoke collector to top of smoke stack?

Comment

• reallyalexsc
                        reallyalexsc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I shall check and get back to you! Sorry, only just noticed the question.

• BBQ-Tiki
                        BBQ-Tiki commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Inside dimensions for the stack are diameter of 5 1/8 inches and the height is 44 1/8 inches.
                        Last edited by BBQ-Tiki; October 1, 2021, 11:11 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here