Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Country BBQ Pits Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Country BBQ Pits Smoker

Anyone have experience with this manufacturer? Old Country BBQ Pits - http://www.bbquepits.com/backyard_bbq_pits.htm

local guy is selling one for $500. he added three thermos. thinking about making an offer.

Attached Files

Which model is he selling? Jeremy Yoder - Mad Scientist BBQ - speaks highly of them. The Brazos (I think) was his main pit for quite awhile.

Comment

Which model is that? Looks like it could be a Brazos, but with the front shelf removed.

I have had the Over and Under and Smokehouse models and liked both of those. They are pretty well built for the money, and they fill in the gap between COS and EOS smokers. I went with Old Country for those reasons, and the fact that I knew I would probably want to shake things up within a few years and move on to the next cooker. I can tell you they have a lifetime warranty and they stand behind it. I had a weld break loose on the firebox lid of the Over and Under once. I emailed the company, sent a couple of pictures they requested, and received a handwritten check in the mail from the owner to cover my cost to have a local welding shop fix it.

Comment

If he’s close by, go check it out. It looks to be in pretty good shape. Looks like he just repainted it too. Based on the answers you’ve gotten above ☝️ $500. ain’t bad. And it’s a good size smoker too.

Comment

• latenight71
          latenight71 commented
          Editing a comment
          atta boy. get me in this thing. i like spending $500 better than 2 or 3 or 4 $500s. much better!

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          You ain’t got a hair on your bohunkus if you don’t get it.

Aaron Franklin had a YouTube series "BBQ With Franklin" where he cooked on a Pecos model. It's called The Smoker (see link below). They seem to get the job done, albeit with a little bit of a learning curve and some light mods. I've seen their models at Academy. Definitely a step up from the COS.

BBQ with Franklin: The Smoker - YouTube

Comment

If its the Pecos model - those are only $399 new at Academy:

The Old Country BBQ Pits Pecos Coal Smoker features all-welded steel construction with heat-resistant paint for lasting use. Stainless-steel "stay cool" handles pro...

I think its this basic Brazos model, which is $999 new, but as others say - what did he do with the hinged front shelf?

The Old Country BBQ Pits All-American Brazos Smoker features a large cooking surface that accommodates large cuts of meat and is constructed from welded heavy-duty ...

Comment

• latenight71
            latenight71 commented
            Editing a comment
            he said he bought it from academy and it had no branding. used it enough times to add the thermometers. not sure about the shelf. i'm in line behind a few other peeps who want it so will see if it's in the cards.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here