Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My very first smoker. A blast from the past.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheef
    replied
    I keep reading all the bragging the stick burner guys do and was kind of jonesing after a stick burner. I figure what the hell. Put this old guy back to use and try it out.

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    replied
    And it has been so long since I used it i will need to ask for help and advice to fire it up again. I seem to remember it wanted to run hot as hades but I believe I always loaded it up way too much.

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    replied
    Yes it is. They really built well back then. That is the original paint after setting under a tree uncovered for years. I need to lube the hinges to get it to fully open, and I will post some more pics.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    replied
    That looks like a pre-Char-Broil OKJ. Is it made with1/4" thick steel?

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    replied
    A shot of the serial number plate. I dont know if Oklahoma Joes still does this or not?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    started a topic My very first smoker. A blast from the past.

My very first smoker. A blast from the past.

I will follow up with a little more information if anyone is interested.
    20 plus years old, and in remarkable condition.
    Oklahoma Joe Tailgater.
    It was sold back then as a portable smoker/ grill but you better bring help if you want to move it.
    I used the hell out of it for about 5 years, then bought a Big Green Egg and it got parked under a tree in the backyard and kind of forgotten about.
    Going to dig it out and get it fired up again.
    Pretty remarkable shape for its age and the neglect it went through.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Cheef; October 4, 2020, 09:14 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here