Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glitchy enters a new world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitchy enters a new world

I’m tired of thinking about pellet grills. So, I decided I needed to learn rustic BBQ so I might appreciate more when I pour the bag and flip the switch on the Woodwind going forward. I couldn’t buy a Franklin pit and stay married, but I can get by with this. Of course, I can’t just buy it and see how it works outta the box, it was assembled with high temp RTV, lid gasket, latches, and a cable gland probe port. By the time I was done bolting, taping and drilling, it was too late to even burn it in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glitchy; March 13, 2020, 10:24 PM.

Yyyeeessss.....feeeeel the power of the MCS........

Comment

Nice looking unit. Great mods.

Comment

Beauty! A little more work than the pellet poopers and a bit of a learning curve, but I’m certain you will be turning out enjoyable Q in very short order!!!

Comment

Queue Pinocchio saying "now I'm a REAL boy!"

Comment

I mean this in the kindest way, seek professional help.😄

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              For sure, I’ve never used one in my life ;-)

How’s that kool aid taste?

Nice work there brother.

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              It would be better with a little vodka.

Congrats! And you still get to sleep in the bed.

Comment

Perfect weather for a first burn. I was only supposed to have to work an hour or two, so I lit it up, ended up getting called again and working 8+, so it was ugly. I decided to let it struggle first few hours to better cure the paint, then couldn’t find my hatchet to split up bigger pieces at the end.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for providing the perfect example for the rest of us to our sig others that they really dont have it all that bad...lol.

love it

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL, I get that thought totally, but I downgraded from a Memphis and haven’t spent much more than I sold it for in all the grills I’ve bought since. Plus my wife really doesn’t cook, so I get a little extra leeway in the cooker department if her and the kids stay fed.

Nice. I’ve got an old country. Very heavy and needed some repair on delivery (grinder) but she does well. I’m sure you already know but a water pan works wonders with these. Helps a bit with temp and keeps the meat moist. I also use a fan with a dial in temp to help regulate. Congrats!

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a Fireboard and drive, but for a while at least I’m running manual to learn more. Thanks for the water pan tip, I was thinking it would probably be a good idea.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here