Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found on sale Bandera Vertical Offset Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found on sale Bandera Vertical Offset Smoker

Is it worth it for 250 new. I have a COS right now. Was wondering if this would be a decent replacement until I can afford a nice heavy gauge steel replacement.

Last year was my first real year smoking, so I'm basically wondering if I should stick with what I have, char broiler offset, or if I should upgrade, if you can call it that, to something a little more modifiable.

Comment

I have no experience with the Bandera but welcome the The Pit.

Comment

I might would save the cash. It's kinda like a COV, unless you like modifying.

Comment

I'd say it's worth it, it's cheap. Probably better that your charbroiler.

Comment

Thanks for the responses

Comment

I think even a Weber kettle is better than your charbroiler… Click image for larger version

Name:	Weber 2-zone.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	799518

Comment

I have never used one but I have seen it at Ace Hardware. If my recollection of the dimensions is correct, my biggest concern would be whether the racks were large enough to hold full racks of ribs. If so, you will likely get a lot of cooking area. I can't remember how many shelves it came with. If you are looking for an upgrade to another cheaper model I would pull the trigger on it. I went through a bunch of Cheap Offsets over the years. Nothing like this was on the market then. Ace has it listed at $400 right now, so the price seems right. It is easy for me to spend someone else's money, though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here