Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen the new M1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen the new M1?

Hello everyone!

We have the 2021 model M1 on mgrills.com

Just some quick highlights are the stainless stack and stainless firebox door. If you are a current M1 owner with a bolt on firebox door and stack, you will be able to purchase these stainless products and bolt directly on your M1 if you like!

Another new feature is the all new charcoal/wood basket design. This box will work in all M1's with the bolt on firebox doors as well.

The only "re-design" of the entire grill that is not just a bolt on replacement is the all new integrated stainless steel top shelf extension. This new top shelf is laser cut 12 gauge 304 stainless and is easily removable. The shelf has 4 platforms that bolt onto the body of the grill and no longer rests on top of the grates. So you can now remove the cooking grates and still use your top shelf extension. This is wonderful if you like to burn wood for grilling as it gives you more height like a true Santa Maria style grill. Also, for quick smokes you can remove one grate and use your top shelf and one cooking grate to place food and have easy access to the lower charcoal grate for refueling if you like to use the grill grate for smoking. On my M36, I prefer to remove one cooking grate so I can slide my cooking grate over and off the live coals as I cook. You can now do the same on the M1 and not be limited on food.

The last update is the new gloss black powder coated finish. Many customers do not like not being able to clean their M1's exteriors. The porous flat black paint is very hard to clean. Almost impossible. The slick gloss black is far more easier to wipe down clean.

We constantly listen to our customers and take any and all feedback to heart. We strive to make the best bbq products on the market so we hope you all enjoy these new updates and also our consideration for all M1 customers. We try to make most of our updates available for all M1 owners.

Thank y'all!

Attached Files

Excellent! A dream cooker!

Comment

Is this post an Add, as in advertisement?
      Looks like wood pellets will fall through the grate in the fire box.

Comment

• M Grills
        M Grills commented
        Editing a comment
        It was just a quick post to give our M Grills customers an update on the new M1 features. This is under the M Grills channel so thought it would be the most appropriate place to post it. Btw, this is not a pellet grill/smoker. It is charcoal and wood.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Charcoal, no fooling, that explains no power cord in picture.

Dat you Travis? How about giving poor old Max a heads up next time? I'll update our review. Happy Safe Holidays!

Comment

• M Grills
        M Grills commented
        Editing a comment
        haha sorry about that Max. We have a few new upgraded products we are just launching so I will get with you soon on updating new content. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Max Good told me he didn't have time to do test runs on your new fabulous looking grills. I said I would be more than happy to step in, right Max???

Outside of aesthetics, have you seen any functional performance benefit to the stainless firebox+door and smoke stack? Or more of a visual thing?

Comment

• chad.gibbs.3
        chad.gibbs.3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully Travis will chime in on your question. But I would say even if it doesn’t improve the performance, it will be better suited to fighting corrosion.

• M Grills
        M Grills commented
        Editing a comment
        It's definitely a visual thing. No performance benefit besides not dealing with any corrosion, paint fading, rust, or anything of that nature.

Impressive...

Comment

I am curious as to why this obvious ad has 2 different profiles, which seem to be linked, posting for the ad. These are not my forums, but I did not expect to see this type of ad either. I am paying for no ads.

Comment

• M Grills
          M Grills commented
          Editing a comment
          It was just a quick post to give our M Grills customers an update on the new M1 features. This is under the M Grills channel so thought it would be the most appropriate place to post it.
          Last edited by M Grills; November 19, 2020, 11:00 PM.

While I still consider this as an ad, you are obviously posting under the rules of this site.

Comment

M Grills I am happy you shared

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Did this post tip the scale!

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably not. I have too much invested in the WSCG and like having my rotisserie and vortex. If I was starting from scratch the M1 would be very high on the list though.

Thanks Travis. Someday I will own one of your grills.

Comment

How long will it smoke roast at 225f with charcoal?

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish I could help my friend. Hope someone will help you out!

• smarks112
              smarks112 commented
              Editing a comment
              7-8 hours with the new fire basket in my experience

Originally posted by Polarbear777 View Post
            How long will it smoke roast at 225f with charcoal?
            I e-mailed Travis at M Grills that question several months ago. I asked him how long a full charcoal basket smoking at 225 degrees would last before refilling, and he responded 5 to 8 hours (at low smoking temperatures, depending on charcoal and weather).

Hope this helps!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here