Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Ribs on M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Ribs on M1

Did my first pork ribs - St. Louis cut, dry brined 2 hours before, Memphis dust rub, ribs on cold, grill to temp with charcoal in the firebox and then oak splits the rest of the way. Kept my consistent temp with about 1 split every hour. Temp dips were from opening the lid for a quick Apple Juice spritz. Glazed then with a modified version of Franklin’s Espresso Sauce (more espresso, lager to thin out some, cayenne pepper). No wrap, let them rest for about 30 mins before digging in. So good - the bark on these was incredible, smoke flavor perfect! Going to do some wings tomorrow...
    Attached Files

Those look fantastic. Nice cook

Comment

Those looks awesome, can't wait to get an M1. I assume you were using the grate temp probe to build the graph and track it and no fan was used to keep the temps steady, rather you made the adjustments yourself?

Comment

• smarks112
        smarks112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I do have a fan I’ve been using but more for charcoal and less for stick burning. A common method I use for brisket is smoke first 5-6 hours with splits, then wrap, load firebox with charcoal, turn fan on, and let it do it’s thing until done. I took kids to the zoo post wrap last weekend and didn’t have to worry about temp.

• smarks112
        smarks112 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have also experimented a bit with fan on the splits but don’t think the return in effort is as much there

I would really like that option to give more flexibility with my time. Which of the fan and controllers are you using, and do you typically wrap in foil or butcher paper when using that method ?

Comment

Those are some nice looking bones. I am not a wrap guy either. Really nice job.

Comment

Very nice lookin wibs!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here