Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just ordered my M1 from Big Poppa's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered my M1 from Big Poppa's

Should arrive in 4 or so weeks Chinese coronavirus permitting... Can't wait to fire it up and try some smoking and grilling.

Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats! Look forward to hearing about it

Comment

My M1 arrived Friday only 6 days after I ordered it. I got it setup and seasoned that night and then cooked one of our local Virginia armadillos along with smoke roasted potatoes last night. It is a great gril/smoker. Tight as a drum.

I started a small chimney of briquettes and then went ahead and used wood after that. The M1 came right up to 350 and it was amazingly easy to hold that temperature within a few degrees. Small damper changes had almost immediate effect on the temperature rise or fall so just a few minutes of fiddling and it was locked in. Every 50 min or so I added on stick. After all was done, I closed it up and the temperature fell to 125 in about 80 or 90 min and I could put the cover on to avoid the oncoming rain.

Tonight rib eyes!

One lesson learned - the pallet isn't a continuous floor like my safe came on. So, make sure the pallet is oriented so you can roll the grill off along a 2x4. I didn't notice until the driver was gone with his floor jack that my pallet was turn so that the M1 would either hit the light pole or the stone wall... Had to fill the gaps with some old wood I had to roll it off....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0612.JPEG
Views:	285
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	818521Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0614.JPEG
Views:	311
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	818520Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0616.JPEG
Views:	340
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	818518Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0632.JPEG
Views:	319
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	818522Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0636.JPEG
Views:	285
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	818519

Comment

Awesome, with awesome sauce, brother!
            Really nice smoker, yer in fer lotsa good food!
            Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Mine should be here tomorrow although they haven’t called to set up a drop off time so I’m guess it will be Tuesday. Super excited. These pictures don’t help...

luckily Tuesday is my day off so I will be able to use it.

Comment

• rwhfly
                rwhfly commented
                Editing a comment
                I've smoked and now grilled on it and it is great at both. Did you get any of the accessories? I got the searing box which work nicely to make a perfectly even bed of hot coals to sear last nights pork steak (actually a pork tenderloin pounded to 1/2 inch.)

Looks like a lot of fun.... congrats!

Comment

Congrats. So there is one at my nearest dealer (4 hours away) I was hoping to pick up that is on display in the store. Trying to figure out a couple things:

1. Can I take the side shelves off and lay it in the back of a mini van? Wonder if it would be okay laying on its back vs upright in a truck?
                2. Any suggestion on how to get it to the back yard and through grass? I don't have a way to transport it all on hardscape to get back there unfortunately. Maybe some plywood? I see it is 400 pounds so it isn't light!

Comment

• rwhfly
                  rwhfly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Side shelves do come off. Bring a crescent wrench and screw driver. I don't see any reason why you couldn't lay it on its back. My son and I moved it making a short road of 1x6 boards and moving the last to the front. We had a little hill to get up so when we stopped to move the 1x6 boards we locked one wheel and the other stayed with the grill to keep it from rotating or rolling. It rolls easily as the casters are good quality. We had no issues moving it with just the two of us.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here