Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1 Beef Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 Beef Ribs

It’s 11 A.M. and I just put my beef ribs on my M1 smoker. Is anyone else out there cooking on a M1 today? Here in Texas it’s 51 degrees Fahrenheit right now.
    Attached Files

Jealous of your temperature for sure. Those ribs looks great

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah got the 1 up here, no sign of the 5.
      I started a pork shoulder on my Keg at 9:30.
      Want to do beef ribs, like flank steak I commented on, they're just to darn expensive up here

Cooking beef ribs and leg of lamb tomorrow. Temp in Htown supposed to be in the mid70s. Oh yea baby

Comment

Nothing doing today, other than cleaning up so I can move out of this house in the near future and have mostly just BBQ gear to move.

Bought 3 briskets last night so I could start my collection to cook for 150 in May.

Been eyeing the Angus short ribs at wolly world for weeks. Tempted to make pastrami with 'em.

Sittin' at 65-F in east Texas.

Comment

6 hours into the cook. Added some beans to catch the beef drippings as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        drool.....wipe....drool.....wipe.....repeat

Looks great. How well does the foil work at keeping the grill clean/cleanable? Looks like it would run off and drip below (into the firebox?) or is that not a problem?

An M1 is high on my list for my next grill/smoker.

Comment

• chad.gibbs.3
        chad.gibbs.3 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a small raised metal edge in the bottom of the cooking box to keep anything from running down into the fire box. This is not a problem at all. Clean up is really easy with both smoking and grilling if you line the bottom with aluminum foil.

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered on on Saturday and it is being delivered tomorrow only 6 days later. Can’t wait to set it up.

Comment

• chad.gibbs.3
        chad.gibbs.3 commented
        Editing a comment
        I cooked some bbq chicken tonight after work that turned out soooo good. I love this smoker. I’m glad to hear that people are supporting m grills. You’re going to love this smoker! What are you upgrading from?

My last grill was a charbroil which rusted out a couple of months ago. Since then I’ve been researching and cooking with a grate on top of a charcoal chimney. I also have a horizon offset smoker which I can now give to my son. Looking forward to setup and cooking tomorrow. Smoking a meatloaf.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here