Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A day of firsts - first smoke, first ribs, first use of M36 (as smoker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day of firsts - first smoke, first ribs, first use of M36 (as smoker)

I've officially made the transition from Argentine style (open) grill to my M36! Tried my hand at ribs using only wood after the start with lump charcoal. Was worried about keeping temps in the 225-250 range and too much smoke as only stick-burning. Turns out that the M36 made it extremely easy even for a first-time smoker. Never moved from the 225-250 range except when opening grill to spritz. Followed Meathead's great (thank you!) instructions and videos (The Best Smoked BBQ Ribs You've Ever Tasted: Last Meal Ribs Recipe (amazingribs.com)), including Memphis Dust together with Steven Raichlen's project smoke brown sugar-vanilla recipe. While there is no doubt lots of room for improvement, think it was a good start. Excited to begin the journey.

Hal
    Attached Files

Ribs look great. Good start!

rob

Comment

Nice looking ribs. Congratulations on a successful inaugural cook.

Comment

Mighty fine! Mighty fine!

Comment

Great looking ribs! I know they were delicious.

Comment

You are of to a great smokin' start!

Comment

M grills……man those things are cool! Looks like a wonderful first cook!

Comment

Those ribs look great! You are off to a good start!

Comment

Congrats! Well played.

Comment

I feel an obsession coming on!

Comment

That's it, you're officially hooked!!!
                      Last edited by Stuey1515; September 7, 2022, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Great looking cook! Thanks for sharing it with us

Comment

Very nice! I'm sure it will only get better from here.

Comment

Nicely done. I would have liked my first smoke to turn out as well as yours.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here