Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my timing right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my timing right

I just saw the new pricing at M Griils. The M36 is now $6,000, thanks to steel costs. The M36 S is now $10,000.

I souled searched for over a year on purchasing an M1 or M36 - to the point my family just said get over it and pull the trigger. Lucky I did this summer.

rob
    Last edited by Rob whatever; November 9, 2021, 05:38 AM.

No kidding. Can you remind me of the original costs? Why has M1 jacked up their prices more than pretty much everyone?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Profit

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      bbqLuv I guess they maybe have an overinflated sense of their value in the marketplace. But I dunno, maybe they are killing it too.

Wow. I had an M1 percolating in the back of my mind. Not now. Gone forever…….

Comment

I’m with Jfrosty27 thinking if I ever wore out the WSCG or got bored with it that it might get replaced with an M1 so I could have the option to sling logs or use charcoal. However, at the new prices it will never happen. I’d buy a Kalamazoo or Franklin pit, especially considering the rate of change on the M1 over the past few years showing there’s been a lot of room or need for refinements.

Comment

I didn't quite put two and two together when I saw glitchy 's note elsewhere.

But this post clearly says $2325 in March 2020 for the same smoker that is now going for $4995. That's insane. At this point, someone should buy it for $1300, because you can probably flip it for more. Geez, maybe I should ask SWMBO.

Pending M1 for sale $2100. Comes with cover, griddle, top shelf extension, sear box and grill grates. A couple small rust spots on hood and just above smoker box. Located in Michigan 49024. Pick up only. Now $1900! New price$1700. now $1500. Want it gone Click image for larger version Name: 02E84501-BF1C-4981-9D2E

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, I was thinking about reaching out to see if he sold it, last post was pending, so don’t know if he found a buyer and just didn’t update the post as gone. I wouldn’t flip it myself though, I’d be using it. I also think it had gone up already to get to $2325, seems like first time I looked at M1 it was $1795 or $1995, but I’m always window shopping cookers and can’t keep them all straight.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          I would probably keep it too, but you could definitely flip it for a profit…

There is no backyard smoker on earth that's truly worth that much. I mean, hey, if they can get that price and sell through, go for it, but we're talking, basically, a hot box with airflow.

OK, yes, I get that there's more design to it, materials etc etc. But come on. When you can get a KBQ for $1700, LSG for under $3k, etc $6-10k is insane.

Comment

My timing was good too. I bought my M1 in mid September at the old price and got it last week. Beautiful cooker, and I am really happy with it, but the new prices are kind of jaw dropping.

Comment

The current raw material pricing and availability is ridiculous right now. We understand this just as much as you all do. But when you are a small business making small batch/handcrafted products...you have to make adjustments. I am not in the business to just build grills and hand them over. We know how much it cost to manufacture our products and its up to the customer to decide if they justify that cost or not. Our products are not for everyone and we know that. We do not have cheap labor making our grills as well. So it's just a mix of crazy times we are in. Thankfully, grills are not the only thing we make so we are doing just fine and not going anywhere. But due to low availability of materials, we are backed up with our large commercial smokers so we need to make sure we have material for these smokers which cost upwards of $40,000. It's a supply and demand thing going on right now. You can assure we will never build our products cheaper or go down in material quality.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
              DavidNorcross commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry you are going through all of this....

• Sid P
              Sid P commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for posting this. Although most everyone has heard about "supply chain problems", it’s impossible to appreciate the current insanity unless you’re actually dealing with it daily. Price increases are nothing compared to having to wait months for items that used to be a phone call and two days away.

• smarks112
              smarks112 commented
              Editing a comment
              Most of the people whining about this have nothing to do with your company or your product. As someone in the durable goods business, our COGS, shipping, labor are astronomically up. I can’t even imagine how much harder it is for a small business. Thanks for making an awesome product.

And guess what everyone… if you don’t like the price of something then don’t buy it? I don’t really see the purpose of bashing a small business making a very high quality product.

Just sad,,,,,

Comment

I love my M36 and I understand the reasons for the increase; a (small) business has to make a profit or it will be an ex-business in short order.

rob

Comment

I'm all for a business making every penny they can. Unless they manufacture bread slicing machines circa 1943.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here