Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal "Set and Forget" on the M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcoal "Set and Forget" on the M1

Wanted to thank all the MGrills owners on these forums who have helped me out for the last few months. Based on their suggestions I tried a small brisket (flat, ~5lbs) on the M1 yesterday with great success. I used Cowboy Hardwood Briquettes and dumped about 3/4 of an 18# bag into the firebox. Lit a full chimney on the cooking grate and once ashed over dumped onto the unlit coals. Was immediately around 230 degrees in the cook chamber and started closing down the grates. Threw on a couple chunks of hickory every 60 minutes or so. Kept the fire around 270 for about 5.5 hours before I noticed it dropping, by which point the brisket had pushed through the stall. I wanted to keep the fire a little lower but couldn't seem to quite dial it in at 250. Anyway, I dumped some more unlit briquettes into the firebox and wrapped the meat in butcher paper. Another 3 hours or so and it was at 203. Pulled it, let it rest for 90 minutes then sliced. It was delicious, moist and juicy with a nice bark and smoke ring. I'm definitely interested in getting a fan controller and seeing how that works. Thanks again to the members here for all the help and suggestions, it definitely paid off. Click image for larger version

Name:	Brisket slice.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1104828 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sliced Brisket.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1104827

Great lookin' brisky.

Comment

Wow, that looks great. Nice job. Sounds like you are getting the hang of using your cooker.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here