Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 inch series smoker griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joetee
    replied
    I'm not sure. I've never really thought about it. I smoke them for about an hour. Griddle then until they look good to me. It don't take long.

Leave a comment:

• Mike-Sid
    commented on 's reply
    Great idea. Does it give the casing the proper snap, and not tough?

• Joetee
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike-Sid View Post
    Have you done anymore cooking on the firebox griddle? I'll be trying mine out in the warmer weather
    I really like smoking brats in the chamber and then rolling them around on the griddle to finish the outside to my liking. They really come out great this way.

Also, smash burgers are great on the griddle.
    Last edited by Joetee; January 29, 2022, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    Try making some fajitas on your griddle. yummy. Even hamburgers.

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    I have used mine 4 times, even did a doctored frozen pizza that turned out very good even had a little wood flavor. I did cook that inside the firebox though. I treat it like my Blackstone griddle, I cook on when it is 400-450 when checked with an IR. I scrape anything residual off of it and hit it with canola oil while still warm. It looks good and has worked well each time.

Leave a comment:

• Mike-Sid
    replied
    Have you done anymore cooking on the firebox griddle? I'll be trying mine out in the warmer weather

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    Joetee get an infrared thermometer. Priceless when it come to griddles and cast iron skillets. It will let you know if the plate or the skillet will suffice.
    I have one it's a fairly decent one I have not really learned how to use it. Or understand that I should say. I just need to practice with it more to figure it out

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Joetee get an infrared thermometer. Priceless when it come to griddles and cast iron skillets. It will let you know if the plate or the skillet will suffice.

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    I leave mine in place. I'm thinking that it might protect the lid from discoloration due to the concentrated heat also it acts like a heat sink being so thick to store energy.
    Unless I'm using the Grate in the fire box to grill steaks hamburgers etc. I remove the griddle and leave the lid open.
    Last edited by Joetee; January 16, 2022, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike-Sid
    replied
    When you are cooking in the main chamber, should I leave my griddle in place? Or do you guys store it away until you want to griddle?

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    Just a little info that i have learned using the griddle.
    i no longer worry about chamber temp at all using the griddle. I get more uniform heat if i just build the fire on the fire grate without a basket. I now it's hot enough if the food sizzles on the griddle. If you want it good and hot it's best to let the fire turn into a bed of coals. Lump charcoal works really good for this. If you are using wood then use smaller splits because larger splits block the heat.
    I have an infrared thermometer but I am not really using it. Still not too sure how to use it on the griddle. But when it's hot you will know it's hot. If it's too hot open your chamber lid a little bit and you can experiment with the firebox door. Use your poker and poke the fire down a little bit to spread it out.
    An ideal temperature is not what I look for. You just want it hot enough to cook your food to your desire.
    I hope this helps somebody. And yes I still have lots to learn myself.
    Last edited by Joetee; January 16, 2022, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    Anyone else with experience on the LSG griddle?

Leave a comment:

• Alphonse
    commented on 's reply
    From my limited experience, yes. The skillet approach that I use would likely not work and you'd cook direct on the griddle.

• Joetee
    replied
    Well I just learned that 225 to 250┬░ is considered a medium heat temp on the griddle.

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    So would a regular 225 cook chamber temp be hot enough cook on the griddle?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Comprehensive Temperature Magnet With 80+ Important Temps

Amazingribs.com temperature magnet
Winner of the National BBQ Association’s product of the year award. This 8.5″ x 11″ magnet contains more that 80 benchmark temperatures for meats (both USDA recommended temps as well as the temps chefs recommend), fats and oils, sugars, sous vide, eggs, collagens, wood combustion, breads, and more. Although it is not certified as all-weather, we have tested it outdoors in Chicago weather and it has not delaminated in three years, but there is minor fading.

Click here to order.

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain’s portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it’s also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read ourácomplete review

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

Fireboard Labs Product Photo Shoot. Kansas City Commercial Portrait and Wedding Photographers ©Kevin Ashley Photography

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.
Click here to read our detailedáreview