Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star Grillz 24x48 Grill/Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star Grillz 24x48 Grill/Smoker

Because of some recent posts by CaptainMike and others I ran across this unit from Lone Star Grillz. https://lonestargrillz.com/collectio...charcoal-grill

This looks like a great unit with lots of space for grilling when my Family is all home or to grill a small amount when it's just my Wife and me. To me it looks to be a good Smoker too. Does anyone out there have one of these? Thoughts?

AZ Fogey is very happy with his; https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-new-pride-joy
    Search his postings for more commentary as well.

Comment

That looks like a winner to me.

Comment

Even though my old Kamado still works fine, I still find myself lusting after the built-in version and doing a full outdoor kitchen. But there are other projects on our house that will have to take precedence for the time being...

Comment

I don't have that particular model Skip. But if you see any of my comments about LSG products you know how I feel about them. Everything they put out is top notch. You would not be disappointed with that cooker for sure.

Comment

I was skeptical when I saw the price but, after watching the video, I'm impressed. There's not much I can think of that you can't do with that thing. Looks like a winner to me

Comment

So the only question is.............pickup or delivery?

Comment

Not droolin here, at all! Nossir! lol

Comment

Man, I like the M1 grill, which is similar to this LSG, but wow is the LSG cool! Dang these LSG smokers! I say you be the Pit guinea pig and let us know how it works

Comment

Skip I'm extremely prejudiced because I've been cooking on that very pit, almost every night, since the middle of March. I've posted both first impressions that Uncle Bob referred to and a 6 month follow-up which is here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...er-6-months-in

It's just one incredibly good pit. If you decide it's what you want, PM me and I'll go over what you might want to order with it.

Comment

I was torn between the 40 and the 48. The only reason I chose the 40 was for how it would look and fit spatially on my deck amongst the other contraptions. Hey, feng shui counts!!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Only in California...

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How many weeks left? You know I have to ask.

I began lusting over the 24X48 from the moment I saw it. And when AZ Fogey started posting updates, well, you get it. If I hadn’t spent a chunk on my Recteq RT700 only a year and a half ago I would probably have one of these. Don’t get me wrong. I love the Recteq and if the stars align and I am able to score the LSG, I would keep the RT700. Maybe someday......

Comment

• AZ Fogey
                        AZ Fogey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL. I also kept my Recteq. I think I've used it twice since I got the LSG. Sometimes you just feel lazy and don't want to mess with charcoal.
                        Last edited by AZ Fogey; October 17, 2020, 07:12 PM.

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When th stars align themselves, all kinda proper-like, an such, is when ya'll have yerself one, I'd haveta reckon...

Me, too...

Skip, I think you should just order it right now. How can you go wrong with this thing?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed (Sin duda, es verdad, amigo.)
                        Um.
                        Duh...

LOL : Me? I'd be rtf outside already, waitin on th delivery truck lol

Well...after a few calls and emails with the fine Folks at LSG the 24x48 Grill/Smoker is on order! Now the wait.....

Comment

• Skip
                        Skip commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Many Thanks goes to AZ Fogey for a few PM exchanges. You helped me equip it the way I needed.

• CaptainMike
                        CaptainMike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We shall simultaneously suffer in silence for the next 12-18 years. But, at some point we will remotely rejoice together!

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Skip CaptainMike hopefully only 12-18 Months, not Years...

Although, if it were me waitin, it would seem like Years...

Holdin off on gittin me one (LSG) til I retire in a few, an move back down home to Texas..., saves th shippin, an haulin down there on a trailer....

No MCS, here...

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala---->>>>> to ∞, an Beyond LOL
                        Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 21, 2020, 05:37 PM.

Awesome Skip. Your gonna love that rig.
                      How long is the wait???

Comment

• Skip
                        Skip commented
                        Editing a comment
                        maybe 14 weeks or so?

• Steve B
                        Steve B commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's typical for them. When I got my LSG it took just under 4 months.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here