Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star Grilz, I want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star Grilz, I want

Well after much research I think I found what I might be getting. Now I just need to figure out how to pay for it. LOL

I really like the Lone Star Smoke, 20x36, offset smoker.

It's expensive but will probably last a life time.

What do you all think?

Comment

Sell the kids if you have to! Top notch craftsmanship

Comment

You know better than to ask that question. Get it! Better yet get the bigger one!

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Bigger is better! I went with the large cabinet and have not regretted it.

• Santamarina
          Santamarina commented
          Editing a comment
          Bigger is better!

Reword the title, use "need" not "want."

Comment

If you see any of my replies and comments you know what I think. 😁
          They are incredible pieces of functional art.

When you talk to Chris to place your order let him know I talked to you about getting one. 👍👍🙌🙌

Comment

You should probably order two...... Just in case.

Comment

I actually think the price is a bargain, given the quality. The main thing that keeps me from pulling that trigger is shipping cost to the Northeast.
              Last edited by Dewesq55; August 2, 2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the shipping to me in NY was about $600

And he does offer financing so..........................

Comment

What are you waiting for!

so, did you buy it yet? And, look at the money you are saving by not getting the 20x42!

Comment

How about now??

Comment

LSG is on the top of my list.
                    Can’t decide which one ,,,offset or an insulated vert. cabinet. The prices are very reasonable for the build quality.
                    The tough part is $1k shipping cost to MA.

Comment

• ofelles
                      ofelles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is very steep. Cost $590 to California for the large insulated cabinet. Great cooker, I'm really enjoying it.

• Greygoose
                      Greygoose commented
                      Editing a comment
                      @ofelles,,,I did send Chris @ LSG an email to get an estimate for shipping and his reply was to put what ever smoker I was looking at into to basket and go, to checkout and it would have the cost for shipping.
                      It came to $980 to the Boston area.
                      It was an ouch moment !

Lone Star Grillz...get in line, it's growing longer !! Still waiting for the long awaited launch of his pellet cooker. Should be a dandy !

Comment

I think that's a fantastic choice. Hope it works out for you!

Comment

I love my LSG 20x36. Had it almost 2 years and I don't know how I survived without it.

If it helps, here's my take on the accessories I got:
                        • Grill Pan - love it. I use it a lot
                        • Ash pan - would not buy if I had it to do over. I don't use it
                        • Gas assist - I've used it a couple times, but mostly not. My lighting method is to start a charcoal fire, then add logs. Probably would not buy again, but maybe.
                        • Charcoal basket - I've used it a couple times. I expect it will be a lot more useful if I get a fireboard blower for set-and-forget long cooks. The baffles are not very durable at charcoal temps - they are flaking off big chunks. But I would still buy it again.
                        • Ash rake and poker - probably overpriced for what you get, but I use them a lot and like that they match the smoker.
                        • Vinyl Cover - need to have it unless you are under a roof. You need to waterproof the seams - they leak, which annoyed me considering the cost
                        • Probe ports - I got 2 so I could have easy access to both grates. Would be okay with just 1
                        • Pull handle - essential unless you will always leave it parked in the same spot
                        • Drain valve - worth it. Makes cleaning way easier. I didn't price what it would cost to buy - certainly could screw one on yourself if you can get it cheaper
                        Bottom line - the smoker is awesome, and the accessories are good overall with a few duds from one man's point of view.

Comment

• Rfhd69
                          Rfhd69 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great info! Answered a lot of my questions!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here