Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG 20X36 versus Lang 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Get the Lonestar with the off road kit for increased moveability.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    I don’t have either smoker, but as Steve B says - there’s aren’t 100 pound Oklahoma Joe’s that you are talking about. Moving them if any incline is involved will not be a one man job. I would plan on a good spot for it to stay put, preferably near your wood pile.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Well Smoking77 Obviously as you can see from my avatar I have an LSG.
    Mine is their 24x36 barrel type.
    I can’t speak for the Lang’s. So I will tell you about mine.
    Question 1. No offset will hold even temps from side to side. But once you learn your cooker you can control it to an extent.
    The 20x36 that you’re looking at is a different beast than mine in many ways. kenrobin can give you a lot of info on that particular one.

Question 2. No. Separated You should be able to fit 3 in either.

Question 3 Both of the cookers you’re looking at are gonna be in excess of 500lbs. So moving them around is possible but not ideal. And with any incline or step you better have a friend to help. These puppies ain’t no Weber Kettles.

Question 4. Honestly I can’t say. As I said I don’t have a Lang. What I can say though is that When I was searching for my perfect smoker/cooker Lang was definitely in the running but the LSG just had more and better features for what I was looking for. And their craftsmanship is second to none.

Hope this helps.
    If you have any more questions please feel free to ask here or PM me.

SteveB.

Leave a comment:

• Smoking77
    started a topic LSG 20X36 versus Lang 36

LSG 20X36 versus Lang 36

Hey everyone. I'm finally starting to do some serious research on stick burners and was looking at the LSGs and the Langs. Just have a few questions (with certainly more to come in the next few months) for people that have experience on these smokers.

1. Do both of these smokers hold basically even temps temps from one side of the cooker to the other? I hear the Yoder Loaded Wichita is great if you want to cook low and slow on one side and hotter on the other, but that's not something that I need.

2. I'm looking at the smallest cookers from both these brands. As far as taking up space, I would imagine the most I'd need to cook at one time is two separated packer briskets for small gatherings. Any reason to go to the next size up?

3. In a perfect world, I roll this thing into my garage after I'm done. Yes, I can cover it and keep it on my side driveway (protected inside our gate), but I'm hoping to keep it out of the way. Can both of these smokers easily be rolled a couple yards and up a very small step? Or would it be a hassle moving this thing in and out?

4. Any positives that the LSGs have over the Langs? And vice versa?

Thanks for the help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here